Windows 10: Can't receive an email with a code in it from ms

Discus and support Can't receive an email with a code in it from ms in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried & tried changing security information in my hotmail account. I never receive an email from them with a code. I tried different email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ejb0618, Feb 23, 2016.

1. ejb0618 Win User

Can't receive an email with a code in it from ms

I have tried & tried changing security information in my hotmail account. I never receive an email from them with a code. I tried different email addresses & checked all my settings. Does anyone know why this could be? I'm getting my other emails.

:)

ejb0618, Feb 23, 2016

2. My go phonecant receive calls or text to finish my restore how do i go about getting verification code

Use a different device you can receive the code from? You need to enter the code, but it doesn't have to be received by the device in question. Any MS verification method will work- call, SMS, email, Authenticator app, etc.

ToddAllcock, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Cannot receive verification code

I had to reset my Lumia 830 and now would like to restore from the cloud. Unfortunately during the restore process you must receive a verification code but I cannot receive a verification code via email even though all info in my MS account is up to date.
    I have logged in to my account from my PC to receive a code but that didn't work either. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

AaronTabenken, Feb 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

A couple of ideas to get things started:

1. Have you looked in your junk mail folder in case it is going there?
    2. Do you have any Microsoft email addresses in your blocked email list?

philc43, Feb 23, 2016
  5. ejb0618 Win User
    No, it's not in my junk folder & I have no one blocked. Thanks though!

ejb0618, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't receive an email with a code in it from ms - Similar Threads - Can't receive email

2. Cannot Receive Email From Comcast

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Receive Email From Comcast: The last topic I started to this forum got essentially no response for what is now 3 weeks. I'm hoping for a better result. (If anyone's interested, the thread title is Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem). Anyway, my best friend has his email at PTD.net. And it...
  3. receiving emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    receiving emails: my emails will only post if I hit "send and receive", and then they come in on the side of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receiving-emails/fe040e8a-dc81-42cb-8fe8-b706984ffeb9
  4. Verification code received to verify email is wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verification code received to verify email is wrong: When I am using Word app, I often receive a message requiring to verify my email account. When I then try to do it, the system asks for a code and I receive an email with a 7 number-long code but the code that is required has just 4 numbers...
  5. Can't Receive Emails in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Receive Emails in Outlook: Yesterday I noticed that I was able to receive emails in Outlook but they will not send. I went into my webmail account and was able to send emails from there - even to myself. When I try to send them from Outlook I receive the following error message: Task *** Email...
  6. CAN'T SEND EMAILS BUT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T SEND EMAILS BUT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS OUTLOOK: I CAN NOT SEND EMAILS FROM MY OUTLOOK EMAIL BUT I CAN RECEIVE EMAILS FROM ANYWHERE. I'VE CHECKED THE SEVER PORT SETTINGS AND THEY'RE SET TO THE ONLY NUMBERS THAT MAIL CAN EVEN COME IN WHICH ARE INCOMING=143 OUTGOING=587. THESE SETTINGS WERE SENT TO ME BY WOWWAY EXPLAINING...
  7. receive email from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    receive email from Microsoft.: We receive repeated emails from Microsoft Outlook saying folders have conflicting names or system reserved names. We would like this email to stop now. Sick of it. Regards, Ron Briggs....
  8. Email received

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email received: Hi, I received an email re updates of terms of use. I have checked on your site for comments to see if this is a legitimate email, which according to what is mentioned should have a green leaf or something like it next to your email address. It does not. At the bottom of the...
  9. Not Receiving Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Receiving Email: Why am I not able to receive an email from a particular business? They've attempted to send an attachment encrypted, not encrypted, and an email with no attachment at all....
  10. not receiving emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not receiving emails: not receiving emails to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** acct. my only acct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails/8619f877-aa00-4dd7-8942-5788bde8ab3b