Windows 10: Can't receive new mail on Gmail.

Discus and support Can't receive new mail on Gmail. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't receive new email on my gmail * Original title: gmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SBrown101, Jan 13, 2020.

1. SBrown101 Win User

Can't receive new mail on Gmail.

I can't receive new email on my gmail

* Original title: gmail

:)

SBrown101, Jan 13, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Can't receive new mail on Gmail.

I received updates and now my gmail and yahoo mail will not sync...keep getting an error message

I received updates and now my gmail and yahoo mail will not sync...keep getting an error message. The steps outlined do not work...suggestions?

Original post : snyc email

ThomasFegan, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't receive new mail on Gmail.

1. Can't receive new mail on Gmail. - Similar Threads - Can't receive mail

2. can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home: Dear I have bought new Huawei Mate Book. I have add one of my account on gmail to mail app, but after sync it has not upload any of my old emails. And after I tried to add other gmail account, after inset the password the error 0x0000008b appeared and I cannot continues. I...
  3. Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail

Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail: So recently I got a new laptop. I'm not sure where it came from, but it definitely wasn't brand new. I reset the whole thing after getting it for extra measures. Then I proceed to get my own info into this baby. [ATTACH]And here we have the device specifications in the...
  4. Can't add gmail to mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't add gmail to mail app: I can't add gmail to mail app. Here's the error: [ATTACH] Additionally, I think the "check for updates" in windows update is not able to detect new feature updates. It is a guess. I feel I used to use a newer version of windows 10 before doing "reset PC"....
  5. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  6. New Laptop Outlook receives mail but will not send it

New Laptop Outlook receives mail but will not send it: Set up email on son's new windows 10 laptop. Set up outlook.com email address. Sent some emails to this new address which have been received. However I cannot send any emails...get error saying "we weren't able to send this message" …….???...
  7. Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account: Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail <Removed for Privacy> account. Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the email server using authenticated POP (APOP). Contact your email provider and verify that it supports authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in...
  8. Can't add Gmail Acct to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add Gmail Acct to Windows 10 Mail: Microsoft recently pushed a couple of updates to my machine and I'm now in Windows 10 Pro Ver. 1803 (17134.167) and Mail (ver. 16005.10228.20127.0). All of a sudden, mail no longer shows my two gmail accounts. I tried removing and readding them but nothing comes back....
  9. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...
  10. Synching Mail with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Synching Mail with Gmail: Added my gmail account to mail and mostly it works. But, some synching issues: 1. When first starting mail, it takes far too long to first sync inbox, even manually - like 1 min, even though settings are set to sync as mail arrives. It is quicker to go on the net and open...