Windows 10: Can't receive video calls in FB Messenger, but can make voice calls

Discus and support Can't receive video calls in FB Messenger, but can make voice calls in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - I have a strange problem with making video calls on FB messenger. My main browser is Chrome, operating system Windows 10. I can make voice calls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JennyDavies2, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Can't receive video calls in FB Messenger, but can make voice calls

Hi - I have a strange problem with making video calls on FB messenger. My main browser is Chrome, operating system Windows 10. I can make voice calls so the microphone is working. When I try to take part in a video call, to receive the call ai get a message that says I need to turn on my microphone, when it it already on. Strange thing is - I can dial out to make a video call, and then it worked at least to an Android device! Why can't I receive incoming video chats? Important during this virus crisis when you can't meet people face to face. I've seen that people have had issues with this, but can't see a solution.

:)

JennyDavies2, Mar 30, 2020
  2. 93tid Win User

Fb messenger call option missing

The FB Messenger app for Windows Mobile has never had a call option, neither voice nor video. There is nothing wrong.

93tid, Mar 30, 2020
  3. facebook messenger voice calls and video calls not working with windows 10 edge

I cannot make voice calls while in messenger? I have checked privacy to make sure microphone and camera is on.

AnnaCulley, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Can't receive video calls in FB Messenger, but can make voice calls

facebook messenger voice calls and video calls not working with windows 10 edge

All my settings are as you suggested except that I cannot the messenge app I am not on a laptop but on a minitower.GTheprobesintaht allworsk fro 2 -3 min then broken and we have to re

call

ulvehylet3445utreise, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't receive video calls in FB Messenger, but can make voice calls

1. Can't receive video calls in FB Messenger, but can make voice calls - Similar Threads - Can't receive video

2. Can´t Make or Receive Calls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can´t Make or Receive Calls: Can anyone help me. I can´t make or receive calls since the Skype´s normal service outage; Skype worked fine until then. . I have tried the recommended solutions given to people with like problems, including 4 or 5 downloads and installs. When I try the Echo/Sound Test...
  3. Google Voice now available to make and receive calls in Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    Google Voice now available to make and receive calls in Gmail: Quick launch summary Google Voice is now available in Gmail when using Chrome or Firefox browsers on your computer. This allows you to make and receive calls without switching tabs. Google Voice in Gmail looks similar to the call panel in the Voice web application, allowing...
  4. facebook messenger video calling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    facebook messenger video calling: If I try to use fb messenger video call I get this message -! But microphone is turned on, and access allowed for messengers? An error occurred while trying to get access to the microphone: Access to media devices has been denied....
  5. windows 10 facebook messenger no audio on voice call

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 facebook messenger no audio on voice call: Hello several months ago I got a call through facebook messenger on my windows 10 laptop (using google chrome) and everything worked fine. Made few more calls after that and everything worked and audio was very clear on my external speakers. A week ago I got a call from...
  6. Facebook Messenger Voice and Video calls not working with on new Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger Voice and Video calls not working with on new Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Facebook quietly upgraded its Messenger app for Windows 10 with the ability to make voice and video calls. The feature worked with all major browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. However, many users report the Facebook Messenger...
  7. cannot make voice calls while in Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot make voice calls while in Messenger: I cannot make voice calls while in messenger? I have checked privacy to make sure microphone and camera is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-make-voice-calls-while-in-messenger/9d7eaf6c-8d7c-479c-b05c-1dbd787039c7
  8. messenger video calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    messenger video calls: How do Imake video calls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-video-calls/acbdb45f-e750-4eee-8a7a-9fe04e80c72e
  9. messenger video chat reads" failed call"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    messenger video chat reads" failed call": so can you tell me what I turn off. I'm tired. I'll try back tomorrow ***Moved from Audio and video playback / Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-video-chat-reads-failed-call/c97203ce-e58e-4b08-b1de-c646b740af08"
  10. Installed Facebook Messenger on my laptop, can't video call.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed Facebook Messenger on my laptop, can't video call.: Whenever I press the video call button, a notification appears which says "Turn On Camera. In your device settings make sure Messenger is allowed to use your camera." and has only two options "Cancel" and "Open Settings". I went to Camera Privacy Settings and Messenger was...