Windows 10: Can't reconnect to WiFi hotpsot on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't reconnect to WiFi hotpsot on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have set up a WiFi hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop (MSI GX60) and connected my Android phone to it. However, if I go out of range of the hotspot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by W_SL8R, Oct 29, 2019.

1. W_SL8R Win User

Can't reconnect to WiFi hotpsot on Windows 10

I have set up a WiFi hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop (MSI GX60) and connected my Android phone to it. However, if I go out of range of the hotspot and then later return, my phone does not want to reconnect to it unless I restart the hotspot. It seems as if the hotspot still thinks my phone is connected even when it is not, so will not connect again because it thinks it is already connected. Anyone else had this problem? How can I overcome this? Thanks.

:)

W_SL8R, Oct 29, 2019

2. Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

Wondering what (if anything) this was about: WiFi disconnected on wife's computer.

1. Checked, WiFi itself working.
    2. Ran Network Trouble Shooter, which usually fixes such problems; failed.
    3. Ran Hardware Trouble Shooter, nothing found.
    4. Checked Wireless Card in Device Manager; indicated as working properly.
    5. Restarted computer; still no WiFi.
    6. Although Notification icon was black, clicked on it to see if anything there, found that the WiFi network was "Secured." Clicked on that, saw that it was set to connect automatically, clicked on that, failed. Tried once more, failed, so deselected automatic connection, clicked again, and WiFi was reconnect instantaneously.

I think that that covers most, if not all of the steps I took to fix the problem. Any idea as to what caused this, and as to why non-automatic reconnect worked without even asking for the router's password?

Not Myself, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

No idea what caused it, I too have once in a blue moon been 'secured' but no internet. Disconnect and reconnect is the usual fix.

As to the password, if you have ever connected successfully in the past and had ticked 'automatically connect' then Windows would have remembered the connection and its password. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi and click 'Manage known networks' to see the list of stored connections. Click on one and you can 'Forget' it - then you'll be asked for a password next time you connect.

4. Can't reconnect to WiFi hotpsot on Windows 10

little cat, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't reconnect to WiFi hotpsot on Windows 10

1. Can't reconnect to WiFi hotpsot on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't reconnect WiFi

2. Wifi Reconnection Issue with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Reconnection Issue with Windows 11: I am after some help with an issue I have with my Acer Spin 3 laptop SP314-54N. I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 current build: 22000.258. Prior to the upgrade, I did not have any issues.I have noticed that whenever the machine wakes from sleep/standby, I have no...
  3. Wifi reconnect issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi reconnect issue: In my Laptop, I have added a Wifi Connection. It works fine as long as laptop is on.If I restart the Laptop, it shows "No Internet, Secured". On troubleshooting, the error message is "Does not have valid IP Connection" Simultaneously, other devices are connected to same wifi...
  4. Wifi keeps reconnecting on Windows 10

Wifi keeps reconnecting on Windows 10: Whenever I try to connect to a wifi network it disconnects after 2-3 minutes and when I try to reconnect to the same network it takes a lot of time and this process goes in a loop. This issue is with every network I try to connect with. I have tried few methods like...
  5. Wifi reconnecting issues

Wifi reconnecting issues: My wifi sometimes randomly disconnects even though I set it to automatically reconnect. When this happens, the wifi symbol on the task bar shows that I'm still connected to something even though when I open it, I have an option to connect to my router. It seems to be...
  6. Can't reconnect to WiFi hotpsot on Windows 10

Can't reconnect to WiFi hotpsot on Windows 10: have set up a WiFi hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop and connected my Android phone to it. However, if I go out of range of the hotspot and then later return, my phone does not want to reconnect to it unless I restart the hotspot. It seems as if the hotspot still thinks my...
  7. Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting: Hi. I have been using Win7 for like 9 years and never had real problems with it. My specs are Intel i5-4590, 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 2x8GB RAM, 27'' Acer monitor + 24'' Samsung monitor, 600W power supply. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N,...
  8. wifi reconnect problem

wifi reconnect problem: after updating to windows 10 1903 if router shut down and restart wifi didn't reconnect auto as always in past pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-reconnect-problem/ed313d16-a84b-4bec-a961-e9ec162305e2
  9. Automatic reconnecting to wifi

Automatic reconnecting to wifi: I'm sort of new to Windows. Recently bought a Dell Xps with Windows 10. I can start the internet connection by clicking on the 1/4 fan shaped icon on the lower right of my screen. I can select a wifi connection and connect, no problem. There's a box that will...
  10. Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

Anomalous WiFi Reconnection: Wondering what (if anything) this was about: WiFi disconnected on wife's computer. 1. Checked, WiFi itself working. 2. Ran Network Trouble Shooter, which usually fixes such problems; failed. 3. Ran Hardware Trouble Shooter, nothing found. 4. Checked Wireless Card in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 reconnect hotspot issues