Windows 10: can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...

Discus and support can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I usually use a USB audio interface and a good mic for Skype and recording in Pro Tools. I haven't used the input recording mic/interface for about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DougKnecht, Dec 18, 2022.

1. can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...

I usually use a USB audio interface and a good mic for Skype and recording in Pro Tools. I haven't used the input recording mic/interface for about a month, and I wanted to get on Skype tonight. The mic input isn't giving me a signal.I updated the driver and firmware which didn't need updated for the USB interface, I checked "manage sound devices," and the default choice of the USB interface is correct. I went into the other audio settings and everything looks right, except I'm not getting a signal on the "test mic" status. I went into Pro Tools, and it recognizes 6 possible mics from m

:)

DougKnecht, Dec 18, 2022
  2. FrillsTO Win User

Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording software

Hi everyone,

Why did the Windows 10 update do something to my USB microphone interface?

I can't record, or even playback once I start to record on music software, which is Reaper. I also tried this on Audacity and same issue.

This is the 2nd time that Windows update has really affected my recording Gigs.

I was recording and doing musical work perfectly before Windows 10 October 2018 Update affected my USB interface, again.

How can I resolve this as my recording software is okay, but Windows seem to have affected my audio or USB connection in some way.

I have also disabled antivirus temporarily and also ensured that I checked to see if the Reaper program is working correctly.

FrillsTO, Dec 18, 2022
  3. FrillsTO Win User
    Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording software

Shame on Microsoft for leaving no response, though their crappy Windows Update was actually the factor that affected my USB ports and sound devices.

I took my computer for repair, and they deleted the recent Windows 10 general update, reset USB ports, reset audio and reboot computer several times. This solved the issue.

Windows 10 1809 update is not good.

FrillsTO, Dec 18, 2022
  4. can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...

What is causing the USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone input to mute?

I have a Dell Inspiron N7010 laptop, running the most current version of Windows 10 Ver 1709, OS Build 16299.64, patches are up to date. I am having trouble with recording records from my Numark TTi turntable through a USB port. It worked fine before
    replacing the hard drive and installing the software. I have set the recording input volume settings for USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone and turned it on. Set the recording level to 75%. I have set it to default.
    When I play a record, after 10 seconds to 2 minutes it mutes and sets the recording level to 0.

Restart EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records for 30 seconds or less. Input mutes, volume goes to 0.

Right click on speaker icon. Double click on Microphone – USB Audio CODEC.

Select Properties. Levels tab. Unmute speaker, set volume level to 75. Select OK

Microphone – USB Audio CODEC is the Default recording device.

Restart EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records for 30 seconds or less. Input mutes, volume goes to 0.

Happens without fail.

What is causing the USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone input to mute?

I have the default format set to 1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz.

I have a Lenovo laptop with the same Windows version, works fine.

Windows 10 Version 1709, USB Audio Codec/USB Microphone mutes by itself when receiving a signal.

USB Audio CODEC driver: Microsoft, 9/28/2017 V 10.0.16299.15

Says Best Drivers for that device are installed.

Dell system analysis says all drivers are current.

Dell support assist says all systems are functional.

Microsoft Troubleshooter – Recording Audio

Troubleshooter un-muted the USB Audio CODEC. Did not reset the level above 0.

I reset the level to 75. Started the turntable, mute was back on. Level was at 0.

Uninstalled the driver. Shutdown, restart.

Start EZ Vinyl /Tape Converter (Ion Audio). Start turntable. Records. Then mutes itself.

Generic USB Audio.

Daniel Palmaymesa, Dec 18, 2022
Thema:

can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...

1. can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,... - Similar Threads - can't record input

2. My USB audio interface not recognised anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB audio interface not recognised anymore: After reinstall windows 10 my Zoom UAC-2 audio interface worked couple of days. I test my system, everything seems fine, i opened Cubase to test some virtual instruments, inside of Cubase i hear some crackling sound. I opened audio system tab and saw Cubase not using Zoom's...
  3. My USB audio interface not recognised anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB audio interface not recognised anymore: After reinstall windows 10 my Zoom UAC-2 audio interface worked couple of days. I test my system, everything seems fine, i opened Cubase to test some virtual instruments, inside of Cubase i hear some crackling sound. I opened audio system tab and saw Cubase not using Zoom's...
  4. My USB audio interface not recognised anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...

can't record/input with microphone anymore on USB audio interface... Did 22H2 affect this,...: I usually use a USB audio interface and a good mic for Skype and recording in Pro Tools. I haven't used the input recording mic/interface for about a month, and I wanted to get on Skype tonight. The mic input isn't giving me a signal.I updated the driver and firmware which...
  6. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  7. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  8. Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.: I recently purchased an M-audio M-track duo and have been using it to record audio for discord. While playing certain games my microphone will stop inputing to discord and I have to unplug and plug back in the audio interface which will fix the problem for around 5 minutes....
  9. Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.: I recently purchased an M-audio M-track duo and have been using it to record audio for discord. While playing certain games my microphone will stop inputing to discord and I have to unplug and plug back in the audio interface which will fix the problem for around 5 minutes....
  10. Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 recent update affects my USB audio interface to record or play back on recording...: Hi everyone, Why did the Windows 10 update do something to my USB microphone interface? I can't record, or even playback once I start to record on music software, which is Reaper. I also tried this on Audacity and same issue. This is the 2nd time that Windows update has...