Windows 10: Can't recover Admin User Profile after Windows 10 upgrade on HP laptop

Discus and support Can't recover Admin User Profile after Windows 10 upgrade on HP laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My HP laptop did an upgrade last month to Windows 10. Ever since then, the Admin User profile that was set up has "disappeared" and each time I go on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RSPopiel, Sep 27, 2020.

1. RSPopiel Win User

Can't recover Admin User Profile after Windows 10 upgrade on HP laptop

My HP laptop did an upgrade last month to Windows 10. Ever since then, the Admin User profile that was set up has "disappeared" and each time I go on my laptop, it shows as a TEMP user. I have tried fix after fix to try to recover the corrupt user profile, but it always reverts to TEMP. I have probably spent 2-3 full days trying to fix this problem, but have found no solution. I have now decided to create a new user profile with admin capabilities, but I need to know if I can delete the primary admin user profile attached to my Microsoft account and then reconnect the new profile to my Microsoft account.

:)

RSPopiel, Sep 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 startmenu and Cortana don´t work with mandatory profile

In this case, we strongly suggest that you create a new admin profile and disable the default profile. To do this, please follow these steps.

1.Insert the Windows 10 Release Preview Installation Disc and restart the computer (If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.) If you do not have a disc create one from this link on another
    computer:

2. Click on Repair your System.

3. Click on command prompt

4. Type the command below and press enter.

net user Administrator /active:yes

Restart the computer to login to admin account.

Note: Disable the built-in account after performing the troubleshooting using command:

net user administrator /active:no

Method 2:

Try creating new user account after enabling then admin account.

Follow the steps below:

• In search, type User Account.

• Select manage another account.

• Select Add a new user in this PC account.

• Click on Add someone else to this PC and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us updated.

Richard tie, Sep 27, 2020
  3. User Profiles not uploading at Start

Hi Ernie,

Your computer might have experience a fresh start when the upgrade occurred last December 16, 2017, and the user profiles on it got affected as well. However, let us not jump into any conclusions yet until we isolated your concern. Let's see if we'll be
    able to recover the missing user profile using a command line in command prompt.

• Open CMD as Administrator.
    • Enter this command "net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name][Missing User] /add".
    • Once done, restart your computer.

You may also check if you'll see the missing user profile/s in Local User and Groups manager. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows + R on your keyboard, then type in lusrmgr.msc.
    • Click on Users, then check if the missing user profile is on the right pane.

Let us know if the above steps worked.

Carlos Tin, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

User Profiles location changed with Window 10 upgrade

Tutorial: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    • The second part, titled Method Two, explains how to workaround the Start and Search issue when relocating Users on an existing system
    • The third part, titled Upgrade, explains how to upgrade from Windows 7 with relocated users folder

Better were to back up the user data to external storage and wipe the disk, use Method One in above mentioned tutorial to clean install Windows 10 relocating the Users folder, then copy user data from external backup to new user folders.

Thema:

1. Can't recover Admin User Profile after Windows 10 upgrade on HP laptop - Similar Threads - Can't recover Admin

2. Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update: Good Day!For some reason after an update in my OS...Edition: Windows ProfessionalVersion: 2009OS Build: 10.0.19044.1288...my laptop login screen is not appearing anymore. All I can see is just wallpaper, ease of access & power icons.I even tried Custom Install w/ keep my...
  3. Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update: Good Day!For some reason after an update in my OS...Edition: Windows ProfessionalVersion: 2009OS Build: 10.0.19044.1288...my laptop login screen is not appearing anymore. All I can see is just wallpaper, ease of access & power icons.I even tried Custom Install w/ keep my...
  4. Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tring to recover admin access to my Hp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tring to recover admin access to my Hp: Need to recover admin access to my Hp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tring-to-recover-admin-access-to-my-hp/b9fd9653-92a8-4fdc-affe-749312f3b36b
  6. How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, a user profile is an account you use to sign in […] This article How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to recover a deleted user profile ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover a deleted user profile ?: I accidentally deleted my main user account through the control panel but chose the "keep files" option. So my user folder is under C:\Users but i cant find a way to revert all of them back to my previous state. If that is possible at all. I tried creating a new user and...
  8. Can't upgrade HP 250g laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade HP 250g laptop: I tried multiple time to upgrade from w7 both online and from a window 10 disc. Like others gets most of the way through and fails. I created an image backup, just in case and thought about a fresh install. I extracted the windows 7 key and could use that when I install w10...
  9. recovering windows 7 user profiles after upgrading to windows 10

recovering windows 7 user profiles after upgrading to windows 10: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. On windows 7 I had 4 user accounts and I was the administrator. When I opened windows 10 they are not visible, I can see them in windows.old/users but I don't know how to add those accounts back onto windows 10....
  10. Recover a Roaming Profile after deletion - Windows 10

Recover a Roaming Profile after deletion - Windows 10: I went to User Accounts > Configure advanced user profile properties > Deleted the profile This also deleted the USERNAME folder in C:Users\ I usually change the folder to USERNAME_Old before deleting the profile but this time I forgot Is there a way to get this...