Windows 10: Can't recover bootloader error

Discus and support Can't recover bootloader error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I booted up my computer today I got this error. I tried all the automatic recovery options with a Windows installation disk, and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jjjhsu, Mar 7, 2019.

1. jjjhsu Win User

Can't recover bootloader error

Can't recover bootloader error 5c430b66-ab13-49bd-bdc5-8086551dedca?upload=true.jpg

When I booted up my computer today I got this error. I tried all the automatic recovery options with a Windows installation disk, and then did a full format and reinstall of Windows and still kept getting the same error.

I even tried the nuclear option on this page and still no change:

https://neosmart.net/wiki/recovering-windows-bootloader/#Attempt_Three_Nuclear_Holocaust

Can't recover bootloader error b32a4905-079c-4314-b07b-688dbc3da34a?upload=true.jpg

I ran a S.M.A.R.T. scan on the drive and it didn't detect any problems. Can't for the life of me figure out what happened and how to fix it.

It's an M.2 NVMe WD Black drive that I purchased the beginning of 2018.

:)

jjjhsu, Mar 7, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't recover bootloader error :cool:

jmcslob, Mar 7, 2019
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Can't recover bootloader error

Make Windows 10 Bootloader Override Windows 7 Bootloader/GRUB

Now after running into two different grub errors, my PC refuses to boot from anything. First I got the grub error no such partition, so I booted from Ubuntu 17.10 install disk and reinstalled Ubuntu 17.10, removing the previous installation of Ubuntu 17.10. After resinstalling, I booted once, and grub appeared normally, I think I also booted into Windows 10 from grub and ever after that, I can no longer boot period. I get this:

GNU GRUB version 0.97 (593K lower / 523264K upper memory)
    [ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename. ]

I've tried booting from Windows 7 & 10, Ubuntu 17.10, 18.04 & DBAN (hdd wipe) disks with no success. Now what? (trying the grub commands from this link:

How to recover lost GRUB bootloader in Linux

didn't work).

Nutty User, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't recover bootloader error

1. Can't recover bootloader error - Similar Threads - Can't recover bootloader

2. How do i recover the Windows bootloader?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover the Windows bootloader?: Recently i installed Fedora with GRUB to the same partition as Windows bootloader, using ```bcdedit /set "{bootmgr}" path \EFI\fedora/grubx64.efi``` to make it possible to use bothThen, to switch Fedora to another OS i first booted into windows and used```mountvol S: /SS:cd...
  3. How do i recover the Windows bootloader?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i recover the Windows bootloader?: Recently i installed Fedora with GRUB to the same partition as Windows bootloader, using ```bcdedit /set "{bootmgr}" path \EFI\fedora/grubx64.efi``` to make it possible to use bothThen, to switch Fedora to another OS i first booted into windows and used```mountvol S: /SS:cd...
  4. How do i recover the Windows bootloader?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. bootloader repair

bootloader repair: i have problem with windows bootloader since i installed it on external linux drive. I want to run the startup repair tool, but I need to sign in to my Microsoft account to proceed. when he enters his password, he tells me that it is incorrect, and it is correct because I can...
  6. Bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader: Hello I tried to create a USB external SSD portable Ubuntu. I followed the online instructions so as not to affect my bootloader. Guess what, it affected my bootloader . Without doing a clean install is there a way to restore the bootloader which is relatively...
  7. Clover Bootloader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clover Bootloader: Hiya, I am going to install clover bootloader whilst clean installing windows 10 for BIOS UEFI (but the BIOS UEFI are 32-Bit). So after I have set up the partitions (shift + F10 before installing windows) from command prompt - please note the automatic set up of partitions...
  8. HELP!!! Can't boot windows, no bootloader.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP!!! Can't boot windows, no bootloader.: I tried to install Arch Linux today. Because of stupid reasons I can't create a bootable partition on my SSD so I can't create a Linux install. I previously dual booted windows with Ubuntu, so now my Ubuntu install is gone I have no bootloader, as it previously used grub. I...
  9. Metro Bootloader

Metro Bootloader: I just did a dual boot with windows 10 and windows 7 and all I get is the black and white bootloader. Before I partitioned my drive and installed windows 7 I had the Metro bootloader with my windows 10 and Macrium Reflect but after installing windows 7 on the new partition...
  10. Error 0x000000f and can't recover?

Error 0x000000f and can't recover?: I'm upgrading my laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. It shut down, got into the installation screen and last I checked it was at 25% before it crashed and now I'm getting an error code 0x000000f and it's saying it doesn't have access to required files or device. If I...