Windows 10: Can't recover from crash caused by sfc /scannow

Discus and support Can't recover from crash caused by sfc /scannow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have not been able to recover my pc after running sfc /scannow utility. I have tried rolling back to previous working restored point. Have also tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bob3677, Oct 19, 2019.

1. bob3677 Win User

Can't recover from crash caused by sfc /scannow

Have not been able to recover my pc after running sfc /scannow utility. I have tried rolling back to previous working restored point. Have also tried usb recovery with no success and at a loss for next step to try recovery choice.
    My winver is 2017090 16299-1004 And as a note have been able to upgrade past 16299-1004.

:)

bob3677, Oct 19, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Credential Manager causes Explorer to crash and restart after running sfc/scannow program

Hi Prinhydro,

A corrupted user account might be causing the crashing issue. That being said, I will need additional information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Is the issue happening on all user accounts?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 7?

To isolate if the issue is caused by a corrupted user profile, I suggest creating a new local user account and see if the same issue occurs. For the steps on how to create a new user account in Windows 7, please refer to this
    support article. Follow the steps under the section:
    Window 7 > My computer is in a workgroup.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Devlin Sco, Oct 19, 2019
  4. lvgandhi Win User

sfc /scannow error

Thanks.
    After above steps, I rebooted my laptop and did sfc /scannow. It is OK now.

lvgandhi, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't recover from crash caused by sfc /scannow - Similar Threads - Can't recover crash

2. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow: Whenever i try to do sfc /scannow in cmd i get this message : Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/797942d5-5528-46b0-8d2f-6bfea428c9f6
  3. Sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow: Hi.I run sfc /scannow as administrator and after finished I got :Windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them .Then I restart pc .My question should I do dism or not because I search about it and didn't find an answer. Thanx for help...
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow: Hello! When I try to enter the command, it gives me an error:sfc : The term 'sfc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.At...
  5. SFC /Scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /Scannow: When I do the SFC /Scannow from the CMD and within the admin area I am seeing after the scan the Verify Only is showing as No repair operation is performed.Is this informing me that I have to do the repair or no repair is needed from my end?Kenneth...
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  7. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  8. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  9. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  10. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f