Windows 10: Can't recover Microsoft Account password after verifying identity

Discus and support Can't recover Microsoft Account password after verifying identity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to help my elderly father recover his Microsoft account and password for his laptop. I've gone through the "Recover your account" page here... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StevenSeid, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Can't recover Microsoft Account password after verifying identity

I'm trying to help my elderly father recover his Microsoft account and password for his laptop. I've gone through the "Recover your account" page here https://account.live.com/password/reset and went through the steps to verify his identity. When it asks for previously used passwords, we are at a complete loss and have to leave it blank or use passwords that we know don't work. I then get the email sent to my personal email address as I am the contact email saying that there wasn't sufficient information to validate his account ownership.

How can I possibly recover his account? If I knew any previously used passwords, I wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. This seems like a very flawed system to recover a lost account.

:)

StevenSeid, Jul 10, 2020

2. I Can't Verify Identity of User Account on Windows 10

Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ...

Can't recover Microsoft Account password after verifying identity [​IMG]

There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number. Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security,..

but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify my identity of my Windows account.

I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on the same laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

aderabalan, Jul 10, 2020
  3. windows 10 - Can't verify identity Microsoft account

Hi,

To better assist you about the problem that you're experiencing with your Microsoft account, we would like to gather more information.

• How are you trying to verify your identity?
    • Is it possible for you to send us a screenshot?
    Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 10, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Can't recover Microsoft Account password after verifying identity

Microsoft account

Hi,

There may be several reasons why this message keeps appearing. Sometimes, this message is triggered if you are using a two-step verification in your email. We suggest that you try these methods below to resolve this concern:

• Log out and log in with your Local Account password or the Microsoft Account password again to check if this is caused by a glitch.
    • If you are not using a Microsoft account to sign in, create one, and use it to sign in.
    • Verify your identity on this PC. Open Settings > Accounts > Under
      Your accounts you will see a Verify your identity on this PC link > Click on
      Verify. Follow the prompts to identify your account.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't recover Microsoft Account password after verifying identity

1. Can't recover Microsoft Account password after verifying identity - Similar Threads - Can't recover Microsoft

2. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020 OS build 19045.4046 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 The latest update seems to have borked my machine. I could no longer connect to my NAS. When trying to reenable network discovery,...
  3. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020 OS build 19045.4046 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 The latest update seems to have borked my machine. I could no longer connect to my NAS. When trying to reenable network discovery,...
  4. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  6. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  7. Can't verify my identity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't verify my identity: On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices" with a "Verify" button below, but, when I click on the "Verify" button, a popup appears, briefly says "Just a moment",...
  8. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  9. CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10: Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number,...
  10. Can't verify Outlook account identity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't verify Outlook account identity: I have a problem on a new Dell machine running the current Windows 10 Home version 1709 OS build 16299.192 every thing is up to date and no viruses etc. I can’t log in to Outlook.com via the Outlook.com link on the Bing homepage either using Edge or Explorer, it just hangs...