Windows 10: Can't redirect personal folders in 1809

Discus and support Can't redirect personal folders in 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After installing 1809, I found my personal folders settings are LOST, and the old personal folders and new personal folders are all listed under my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 主人, Nov 26, 2018.

1. 主人 Win User

Can't redirect personal folders in 1809

After installing 1809, I found my personal folders settings are LOST, and the old personal folders and new personal folders are all listed under my profile.

I searched the registry \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders, the folders settings are pointed to the older folders.

I tried to redirect the folders, but the "Location" can't be modified in the folders' "Properties".
    Can't redirect personal folders in 1809 4fc072cf-9ea0-4052-8f05-f2c928331e41?upload=true.jpg

How to solve this problem?

:)

主人, Nov 26, 2018

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Can't redirect personal folders in 1809 :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Florio Win User
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Nov 26, 2018
  4. vainjay Win User

WM6 Windows Live Mail personal folders disappearing weekly on T-Mobile Dash

I have a T-Mobile Dash with WM6 ROM ver. 1.22.531.4 which originally had ver. 1.22.531.6 which I replaced with the 1.22.531.4 ver. after 2 weeks because it seemed to have a substantial memory leak, as in 6-8 hours all memory was gone with little to no use.

CURRENT ISSUE: I have many special or personal folders which I have created on Windows Live Mail, I have my e-mail
    sorted automatically so I am organized, most of my important mail gets sorted into these personal folders, I cannot believe I
    am the only one with a Dash or WM6 for that matter that does this.
    Originally I had 20 personal folders synced at 2,500 characters each, I also have the sync setting set to” immediately” so it acts as a "true" push-pull technology, half the reason I purchased this phone.
    Now after I loaded the 1.22.531.4 ver. the first weekend (Saturday morning) it dumped all my personal folders after giving a message that the connection to the server had been lost (or something to that effect) and reverted back to the
    standard folder list (Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items).
    So I reloaded the 1.22.531.4 ROM again and did not install any additional software again.
    1 week later same thing, so I called T-mobile and spoke with 2nd level and they stated that 20 folders at 50 messages each is 1000 messages and is “too many” according to their “escalation team” she also added that it may have been using too much system
    memory to hold the messages and may have dumped for that reason. So the following week I trimmed it down to 10 folders and noticed that it only took an additional 1.5MB of system memory with all messages synced, not much at all.
    After 2 weeks, again on a Saturday morning I received a disconnect message first thing in the morning and instead of going into the folder list I rebooted the phone, my messages were still there, but then the next day on Sunday morning my phone had no
    disconnect message and when went into the folder list again, back to the same default folder list.
    Again this happened 1 week later in the exact same steps which was this weekend.
    Again I called T-Mobile 1st requesting I get a copy of the 1.22.531.6 ROM, they of course claim to know nothing about it, then I requested to give me a new phone, well they would only give me a refurb which she guaranteed would be 1.22.531.4.
    So the only useful information I got out of this conversation was that using special characters in folder names will make a sync not work at all, well all of my personal folders have special characters such as _ and . to sort them by grouping, but they
    do sync fine originally, it’s just on the weekend in the morning for some reason they fall off.
    So my next step will be to rename all of my folders to alphanumeric characters only and see if that makes a difference.

1. Has anyone else experienced a sync issue between Windows Live Mail and WM6 using personal folders?

2. Does anyone know where you can receive a copy of the 1.22.531.6 ROM version which comes preloaded on Dash’s purchased from T-Mobile?

vainjay, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't redirect personal folders in 1809 - Similar Threads - Can't redirect personal

2. redirect documents to non personal onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    redirect documents to non personal onedrive: Windows 10 or 11 Home or Pro 22H2would like to be able to redirect documents to %username%\documents from %username%\OneDrive\Documents personal OneDriveand eventually to ...\Users\username-\OneDrive - Businessname\DocumentsWe keep getting error about 30-40% timehave stopped...
  3. redirect documents to non personal onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    redirect documents to non personal onedrive: Windows 10 or 11 Home or Pro 22H2would like to be able to redirect documents to %username%\documents from %username%\OneDrive\Documents personal OneDriveand eventually to ...\Users\username-\OneDrive - Businessname\DocumentsWe keep getting error about 30-40% timehave stopped...
  4. redirect documents to non personal onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't redirect pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't redirect pictures folder: Hi, so my "Pictures" folder is currently located in C:\Users\me\OneDrive. One Drive is deleted on my computer, hence only the folder remains. I could simply drag and drop the pictures folder into C:\Users\me, like I want to , but if I do so, the shortcut in windows explorer...
  6. I can't redirect pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't redirect pictures folder: Hi, so my "Pictures" folder is currently located in C:\Users\me\OneDrive. One Drive is deleted on my computer, hence only the folder remains. I could simply drag and drop the pictures folder into C:\Users\me, like I want to , but if I do so, the shortcut in windows explorer...
  7. I can't redirect pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Folder Redirection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Redirection: I created a folder on Windows 10 and on my Server 2016 I created a GPO that will direct Desktop of the users on the domain to the folder I created on Windows 10. Because I applied wrong the GPO I tried to delete it and unchecked the share box on the folder I created under...
  9. Folder Redirection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Redirection: Dear Support I applied Folder Redirection and it works fine But when the user delete the file from the client machine, it also deleted from the server I need to keep all the delete file on the server even if the user deleted from the client machine Waiting for your...
  10. Redirect Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirect Folders: I'd like to redirect the Downloads folder to a different disk (D drive). What's the best method? a. Right click Downloads folder -> Location -> change path b. or, use mklink? Thanks! 21618

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it necessary to change the default location of personal folders if i have a ssd

2. redirect personal folders windows 10

3. personal foder redirect issue - Windows 10