Windows 10: Can't reformat my external

Discus and support Can't reformat my external in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't reformat my 1TB external since I tried cloning my computer with Macrium Reflect 7. When I try to open the external it changed the name to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JOEROVINSKI, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Can't reformat my external

I can't reformat my 1TB external since I tried cloning my computer with Macrium Reflect 7. When I try to open the external it changed the name to F:Reserve and tells me the file is empty. When I go to properties it tells me there's only 498MB on it. I tried formatting it and it says its complete but still only 498mb. How can I reformat my external?

:)

JOEROVINSKI, Jan 30, 2019

2. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Jan 30, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't reformat my external

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't reformat my external :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't reformat my external

1. Can't reformat my external - Similar Threads - Can't reformat external

2. Reformat your external storage

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reformat your external storage: I have had Sea of Thieves for around 3 years. A few months ago i got an extension hard drive and moved other games onto it but i kept Sea of Thieves on the C drive. Last night i tried to update Sea of Thieves, but after it completed i could not open the game, and got a...
  3. Reformat your external storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformat your external storage: I have had Sea of Thieves for around 3 years. A few months ago i got an extension hard drive and moved other games onto it but i kept Sea of Thieves on the C drive. Last night i tried to update Sea of Thieves, but after it completed i could not open the game, and got a...
  4. Reformat your external storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem reformatting external SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem reformatting external SSD: Just got a Samsung T5 portable 2-TB SSD. Ran the included software, moved some files onto it, and went to bed. Realized this AM I'd forgotten to record the password. The files weren't that important, so I thought I'd just reformat the SSD. But Windows reports it will format...
  6. External USB at full capacity after a reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External USB at full capacity after a reformat: As the title says, after reformatting my USB, it's at full capacity and I don't know what to do. Right now, I'm running chkdsk to see if I can at least get the USB to a usable state as Windows doesn't even recognize the USB. Just calls it USB Drive. Anyways, suggestions?...
  7. Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10

Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10: I'm being told to reformat my external hard drive to be compatible with windows 10....how do I do it without losing my files on the external hard drive...
  8. Windows Media Creation Tool Reformatted my External SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Creation Tool Reformatted my External SSD: Using the Windows Media Creation Tool reformatted my entire drive. I created a healthy partition to create a bootable drive, whilst the installation warned me that it would format the partition, I was fine with that. After hoping out the shower I got to my computer to see...
  9. I can't change my brightness in my reformatted laptop.

I can't change my brightness in my reformatted laptop.: So, today is the 3 day of my laptop being reformatted to Windows 10 Home Single Language and I can't change my screen brightness and I am also using a Acer Aspire E 14 Laptop. I am really waiting for you answers on this, Thank you....
  10. Reformatting My Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting My Desktop: What happens to my Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 after I have reformatted my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformatting-my-desktop/00328b68-120c-48ff-8846-53c07338e35e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seagate external cant be formatted after reformat