Windows 10: Can't register my Win 10 desktop with my MS Account

Discus and support Can't register my Win 10 desktop with my MS Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The instructions: Windows 10 PCs Add your PC to use Find My Device and get support for it To add a Windows 10 PC: 1. Go to Settings > Accounts >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rafisher1, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

Can't register my Win 10 desktop with my MS Account

The instructions:

Windows 10 PCs
    Add your PC to use Find My Device and get support for it

To add a Windows 10 PC:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info

2. Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

If your PC still isn't showing up, try adding the Microsoft account again.

No option for Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Can't register my Win 10 desktop with my MS Account ed65ac78-8b57-4363-ad0a-1b1e84cb7e9c?upload=true.jpg

Further, my desktop was listed twice but it could not be found.

I have changed motherboards twice, so figured I should remove those two invalid listings and register it newly, but no....

What to do?

:)

Rafisher1, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Can't sign in with MS account in Win 10

Thanks, this was not my fault or mistake. I just switched to local account from MS account. It's very simple to back again to MS account. It's a fault of MS insider build. Afterall I tried as per your suggestions. My existing MS account is not removing from
    the list. Taskbar start menu not working. Very bad situation. I can't get further updates.

Any other help plz.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Feb 5, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't register my Win 10 desktop with my MS Account - Similar Threads - Can't register desktop

2. Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?: Bought a new Win 11 PC and decided to give my old Win 10 PC to my daughter. I therefore de-registered the WIn 10 PC from my Microsoft account about 3 days ago. Took the WIN 10 PC to my daughters and was setting it up for her. I was installing the latest updates and part way...
  3. Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?: Bought a new Win 11 PC and decided to give my old Win 10 PC to my daughter. I therefore de-registered the WIn 10 PC from my Microsoft account about 3 days ago. Took the WIN 10 PC to my daughters and was setting it up for her. I was installing the latest updates and part way...
  4. Can I re-register WIN 10 in My Account please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't register my laptop in ms account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't register my laptop in ms account: I have a YOGA laptop I purchased new from Bestbuy. I have never been able to register it as a device. When I try to register, the registration form states that the serial number is not recognized. OTHER 2 computers registered just fine some time ago....
  6. can't register my laptop in ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't register my laptop in ms account: I have a YOGA laptop I purchased new from Bestbuy. I have never been able to register it as a device. When I try to register, the registration form states that the serial number is not recognized. OTHER 2 computers registered just fine some time ago....
  7. can't register my laptop in ms account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. win 10 Desktop replaced by a new MS Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 Desktop replaced by a new MS Desktop: The new Desktop has a different theme and only a few select random programs and shortcuts from the prior Desktop. How to get back to original DT?...
  9. is my win 10 password the same as my ms account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    is my win 10 password the same as my ms account password: Hi, My surface pro 3, which is running win 10, is unlocked. I am using it to make this query. But, I need to know my password for this machine to hook it into my pc. I never lock it, so I haven't needed to use my Surface log-in password. Is it the same as my MS Account...
  10. I can't logon to my MS account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't logon to my MS account: I try to logon to my MS account and get invalid password message. Tried to recover the password and received 'there is no account associated with my email address'. Tried to create a MS ACCOUNT WITH MY EMAIL ADDRESS and I receive a message 'the account already exists'.Tried...