Windows 10: Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't...

Discus and support Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Peace, I purchased and downloaded a game from the store, the game is around 100 GB so i downloaded it on a different partition. I played the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OmarAbdelhafez, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't...

Peace,

I purchased and downloaded a game from the store, the game is around 100 GB so i downloaded it on a different partition.

I played the game for a while, then the windows 10 couldn't boot and i had to reset it while keeping my files.

The windows was reset successfully and the files were preserved, the apps were uninstalled including the game.

I reinstalled the apps and then open the game to reinstall it, the game showed that i owned it and is ready to install, I chose the partition D: to start download, but when i hit 'install' nothing happens.

I tried to chose the main partition C: and the download started successfully.

The problem is that the game is already downloaded on the D: and i dont want to download it again on the C:, I cant find its file on the D: and the windowsapp folder doesn't allow me to open it.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Omar

:)

OmarAbdelhafez, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jan 27, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Jan 27, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't... [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't...

1. Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't... - Similar Threads - Can't reinstall game

2. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download game: I just bought palworld on the microsoft store and when I go to download it, it greys out and freezes. I have tried resetting my store through the settings and powershell with zero change. I tried downloading apps which seemed to work but other games would give me the same...
  3. Can't download game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download game: I just bought palworld on the microsoft store and when I go to download it, it greys out and freezes. I have tried resetting my store through the settings and powershell with zero change. I tried downloading apps which seemed to work but other games would give me the same...
  4. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download game: So I have been having this issue for a while and even got a Microsoft Agent to take control of my pc to find out the issue and he unfortunately couldn't fix it. The first issue that started this was that I couldn't install Ark survival evolved on my pc and I keep getting an...
  6. Can't download game

Can't download game: So I have been having this issue for a while and even got a Microsoft Agent to take control of my pc to find out the issue and he unfortunately couldn't fix it. The first issue that started this was that I couldn't install Ark survival evolved on my pc and I keep getting an...
  7. can't download a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download a game: I can't download Forza Horizon 4 on my computer despite owning it digitally and having previously downloaded it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-a-game/dfd2b23b-2de1-48a0-a592-a8f894903d21
  8. can't download a game

can't download a game: I can't download Forza Horizon 4 on my computer despite owning it digitally and having previously downloaded it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-a-game/dfd2b23b-2de1-48a0-a592-a8f894903d21
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition.: I kept getting a Rest Partition message from Windows 10. I had to accept as the laptop would not load. Now it has rolled back to Windows 8 (from a restore partition on the hard drive). Am I able to reinstall Windows 10 for free? I still have my Windows 8 CD OEM key....
  10. can't download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download games: i had a nice computer, running windows 7, but it's stopped working. so i'm using a laptop, Acer aspire, that was given to me and it runs windows 10, sop i'm learning. i had a stroke last month so everything is hard. i just wanted to sit here and play some of the old games, ms...