Windows 10: Can't reinstall and USB devices not working with windows.

Discus and support Can't reinstall and USB devices not working with windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and all of a sudden I had a game freeze. I exited the program and everything was working fine but I restarted my PC anyways. Well now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michaelv2Kingv2, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Can't reinstall and USB devices not working with windows.

I have windows 10 and all of a sudden I had a game freeze. I exited the program and everything was working fine but I restarted my PC anyways. Well now none of my USB devices are working when in Windows but when I unplug and plug them back in I hear the dinging noise that windows makes. Mouse and keyboard work on BIOS, and on the Windows Auto Repair. Won't work in normal or safe mode. I've swapped out the CMOS battery. At this point in my head the only option left for me to try is to do a windows reinstall without deleting all of my personal files with it. So I choose that option. My boot driv

:)

Michaelv2Kingv2, Jun 6, 2021

2. USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 "USB Device Not recognized" error keeps popping up and USB devices do not work

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you do the following steps:

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      Control Panel
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and re-install USB drivers

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If the issue persists, download the latest USB drivers for your Surface Pro 2.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Can't reinstall and USB devices not working with windows.

USB Device - No Media

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for USB Drivers and expand it.
    • Right click on the USB Drivers and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the Computer.
    Also install the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Can't reinstall and USB devices not working with windows.

1. Can't reinstall and USB devices not working with windows. - Similar Threads - Can't reinstall USB

2. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  3. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  4. Will reinstalling windows via USB work if i can't reset it normally?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reinstalling windows via USB work if i can't reset it normally?: Recently I wanted to reset my PC and when i try and do it normally, it says it could not do it. So I was wondering if reinstalling with USB would work and if I would encounter any errors.I also have 2 drives so when I get to the managing partitions section of the installer,...
  5. Will reinstalling windows via USB work if i can't reset it normally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reinstalling windows via USB work if i can't reset it normally?: Recently I wanted to reset my PC and when i try and do it normally, it says it could not do it. So I was wondering if reinstalling with USB would work and if I would encounter any errors.I also have 2 drives so when I get to the managing partitions section of the installer,...
  6. Will reinstalling windows via USB work if i can't reset it normally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't boot into USB to reinstall Windows.

I can't boot into USB to reinstall Windows.: So I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. The problem is I can't get my computer to boot up using the USB instead of the main hard drive. I tried changing the boot mode in the BIOS from Legacy to UEFI with...
  8. Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.

Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.: So, When I was using windows i got a No bootable device, After I waited for 2 says my USB came with windows iso file inside it. I selected it and it worked but i turned my pc off in the Repair my computer and I tried reinstalling again but its shows No bootable device i...
  9. Can't get the usb device working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get the usb device working: My USB port isn't working, although there was no physical damage. My laptop has to be rotated to a certain degree to get the USB device working Tried many methods, but none of them worked Performed a system recovery, nothing happened Can someone fix this strange problem?...
  10. No usb devices are working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No usb devices are working: Hello! I installed a program for a Bluetooth driver update problem https://fr.drvhub.net/devices/bluetooth-devices/bluetooth/device-rfcomm-protocol-tdi and this program did updates on all devices and my USB devices stopped working. I turned my computer off and then turned it...