Windows 10: Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash)

Discus and support Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not even sure where to post this given that it spans a few topics, so here it is: I believe I need to reinstall direct X on windows 10. When my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klear6, Nov 11, 2015.

1. klear6 Win User

Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash)

I'm not even sure where to post this given that it spans a few topics, so here it is:

I believe I need to reinstall direct X on windows 10. When my screensaver is supposed to run

(which I previously had no problems with) it tells me that either (I hve gotten 2 messages)

Direct X is not installed, or Direct X Runtime is not functioning properly and a dll is

missing. My OS has stopped allowing me to access add or remove programs so I cannot uninstall

it. When I download the install file and try to run it it says I am running a newer version

already and an install is not needed. Even AVG and avast say I have the newest version

installed. I believe this was caused when I tried to install a game on my computer (which I

also cannot uninstall without reaching the menu). The game just flashes which is very bad

because I am epileptic but I assume it is some kind of campatibility issue with my video card

or driver and I can't seem to fix it in any way so I need to get rid of it. My computer says I

have the newest drivers and I cannot check the exact specs of my intel series chipset because

the checker I downloaded from the intel website will not run in windows 10 (so I cannot

properly troubleshoot the game). Also, when I click the link on the windows website to

download directx it just sends me to a page advertising that I should upgrade to windows 10 -

which I already have! So I was forced to download it from a third-party site just to hear that

I already have it installed so now I need to get rid of their dumb installer program also. So I

have a few questions:

1. Why can't I access my add or remove programs anymore? I hve tried typing it into the search

box and the option does appear but when I click on it it sends me to apps and features.

2. How do I uninstall this game?

3. How do I find out the specs of my video card so I have them for future reference?

4. Where is the proper link to download direct x from the windows website?

5. It says I can only access the latest windows 10 version through windows updates directly,

but I can't seem to navigate to the option to do so when I open the windows update settings.

How do I do this?

I feel like I am forgetting one of my questions but I just woke up and am having a very bad

day. Could someone help me please? If windows 10 keeps it up with all the problems I have had,

i am going to reinstall 7 and I would rather not be left in the dust when it comes to new

features.

Now when I try to run the run-time package it says installation failed. WHAT is going on here?

Anyone who helps will get a free hug and a cookie.

:)

klear6, Nov 11, 2015

2. Got a BSOD, hoping someone could interpret my Kernel-Dump

I ran a program called "BlueScreenView" that interprets the minidump files and it says the crash was caused by "dxgmms2.sys". So something is wrong with my directX? Or my video drivers or something?

tyler87898, Nov 11, 2015
  3. RajithR Win User
    Unable to play some games after upgrading to Windows 10, DirectX 9 is required

For others who are still facing the issue, check if this helps.

Some app and games require DirectX 9. However, Windows 10 include a more recent version of DirectX. If you install an app or game that requires DirectX 9, you might receive an error message, such as: "The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing
    from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." The last two digits of the file name might vary. If you receive the same error message after you reinstall the app or game, go to the

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
    webpage and follow the instructions to install DirectX 9 and receive updates to DirectX 9 and previous versions of DirectX.

Thank you.

RajithR, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash)

1. Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash) - Similar Threads - Can't Reinstall DirectX

2. directx 12 crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directx 12 crashing: I have a serious problem with windows I have tried everything from wiping my hard drivers and reinstalling windows 10 to changing the ram slots from 1-3 to 2-4 nothing helps every game that runs on DirectX 12 crashes immediately after 15s to 25s if I try to run a game on...
  3. Directx 12 Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Directx 12 Crashes: Hello.When i play games with Directx 12 they crash.I've looked in dxdiag and it says i have Directx 12.-Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-crashes/775049bf-26f8-4e06-88d8-2f07cdb482cf
  4. Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall

Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall: Hi all, this is my first post here so I'll start by saying hello, My name's Jack, and I've been having an windows issue for 7 days now. I wan't sure to post here or BSOD forum, but as I can't get the required log for BSOD I thought I'll go here. To try and be brief, my comp...
  5. Reinstalling DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstalling DirectX 12: After I tried reinstalling DirectX 12 to may laptop an error suddenly appeared "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log or DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine the problem". Upon checking the DirectX.log file at the bottom of the log I...
  6. KernalBase.dll causing programs to crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KernalBase.dll causing programs to crash: Small backstory: two nights ago I reinstalled GTA V from Steam and played with it with mods. Yesterday I couldn't play at all, and one of the crash logs referenced KernalBase.dll. I didn't have the time to look into it at 1:30 in the morning so I slept on it. Flash forward...
  7. DirectX Error causing Fifa 19 crash on loadin

DirectX Error causing Fifa 19 crash on loadin: [ATTACH] I have core i7 _Nvidia graphic card _Windows 10 (64bits) _Ram 6gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-error-causing-fifa-19-crash-on-loadin/5ff76f1a-9817-43e0-87cc-960fb940dfd7
  8. Cannot reinstall DirectX

Cannot reinstall DirectX: I installed Office 365 about a week ago and have had many problems with Windows ever since. I uninstalled today and am trying to fix the broken stuff. Installing DirectX fails and there is no dxerror.log in C:\windows error is: An internal system error ocurred. Please...
  9. Most DirectX-based Programs crash with error 0x0000005

Most DirectX-based Programs crash with error 0x0000005: Hi all, the majority of my games that I have are crashing with an access violation at address 0x00000000. I have already run SFC, DISM, the Apps Troubleshooter and tried to update my GTX 1060 graphics drivers (which got stuck on Preparing to install), as well as reinstalled...
  10. Win10 Crashed and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Crashed and can't reinstall: My Windows 10 Pro (64bit) crashed on this last Saturday. After trying many suggested solutions, I finally use the Microsoft Update and Windows 10 was back. I used my backup program and restored the previous backup. All appeared okay. The most recent Windows update was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i reinstall directx myself