Windows 10: Can't Reinstall OneDrive App

Discus and support Can't Reinstall OneDrive App in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good afternoon, Hope you're well. I recently experienced some issues with synchronisation on the OneDrive application. I attempted to reinstall this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fletchable, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Can't Reinstall OneDrive App

Good afternoon,

Hope you're well.

I recently experienced some issues with synchronisation on the OneDrive application.
    I attempted to reinstall this and was met with the error message "OneDrive is already installed, please uninstall this before continuing".

I tried to remove this using the add or remove programs entry, however it would not remove from this list.
    I also attempted to manually remove the installation from the hard drive, registry and using powershell script. I have tried advice given in various other threads on this forum but none of these have been successful.

This message continues to be displayed if I use the installer from the SysWow64 folder or a downloaded installer from the internet.

Please can someone advise me on how to proceed?

Many thanks for your time.

Best wishes,
    Matthew

:)

fletchable, Mar 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 2, 2020
  3. REINSTALL ONEDRIVE

Try these steps out and let me know how it goes:

• Right-click Start button, choose Run
    • Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
    • Find "Microsoft OneDrive" in the list and uninstall it
    • Restart your computer
    • Go to the
      OneDrive Download Page here
      and click the "need to reinstall?" link on the page to get the new installer
    • Let me know if the installer has any trouble this time

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 2, 2020
  4. Can't Reinstall OneDrive App

app connection to onedrive

Hi Muralidhar,

Hope you had a Happy New Year.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

- I have already tried your suggestion,

- I have windows 10

- I have re installed Book Bazaar Reader (BBR),

- reinstalled one drive,

- rebooted my surface,

- updated to latest window 10 version, and

- given permission.

None of this work.!

Hope you will be able to help me with this problem

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Amrit

amritgill1, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't Reinstall OneDrive App

1. Can't Reinstall OneDrive App - Similar Threads - Can't Reinstall OneDrive

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.: Hi,I have OneDrive installed, and somehow the installation got corrupted. It will only show the tray icon and when clicking it, it's just white and I can't do anything.So I thought I just reinstall OneDrive. But when trying to uninstall via Apps, I get the message:...
  5. OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.

OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.: Hi,I have OneDrive installed, and somehow the installation got corrupted. It will only show the tray icon and when clicking it, it's just white and I can't do anything.So I thought I just reinstall OneDrive. But when trying to uninstall via Apps, I get the message:...
  6. OneDrive can't find the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive can't find the app: I want to remove the OneDrive app, but when I try starting the app, all I get is the explorer window. I need to find a way to administer the app. It does not show on the dock at the bottom of the screen, nor does it show in the apps list. But when I try installing it from...
  7. OneDrive can't find the app

OneDrive can't find the app: I want to remove the OneDrive app, but when I try starting the app, all I get is the explorer window. I need to find a way to administer the app. It does not show on the dock at the bottom of the screen, nor does it show in the apps list. But when I try installing it from...
  8. Reinstalling OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling OneDrive: Have experienced a syncing problem so tried to reinstall OneDrive but got error code 0x80040c82, retried a few times but with the same message - any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-onedrive/fea40e59-89b0-4501-8bac-e7ab4d543397"
  9. Can't reinstall OneDrive to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reinstall OneDrive to Windows 10: Hello, I recently uninstalled OneDrive with the intent to reinstall it from the website due to some errors with certain folders displaying red X's even though they were synced. After running the installation from the download page, it displayed an error (Code: 0x80070020,...
  10. REINSTALLING ONEDRIVE

REINSTALLING ONEDRIVE: About every 3 weeks, my OneDrive app disappears. In the past, a MS tech has remotely solved the problem by using appwiz.cpl to uninstall OneDrive, then reinstall went smoothly. Now, I cannot uninstall OneDrive no matter what method I use....