Windows 10: Can't reinstall the driver for Microsoft Print to PDF because it is missing from the list

Discus and support Can't reinstall the driver for Microsoft Print to PDF because it is missing from the list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been told to try to correct a problem I'm having with the Microsoft Print to PDF feature by reinstalling the driver, but I can't follow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by melissambwilkins, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Can't reinstall the driver for Microsoft Print to PDF because it is missing from the list

I have been told to try to correct a problem I'm having with the Microsoft Print to PDF feature by reinstalling the driver, but I can't follow the given instructions, because it isn't in the list!

All the instructions I've been given or seen say to click on add a printer, click on "the printer that I want isn't listed," then "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings," select FILE Print to File from the drop down list, click Next, then choose Microsoft in the left-hand list, and Microsoft Print to PDF on the right.....

BUT THAT OPTION ISN'T THERE! I can't click on it and tell the computer to replace the current driver, because Print to PDF isn't on the list!

And, yes, the feature DOES show up as enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off" area, and unchecking it, rebooting, checking the box, and rebooting again doesn't make it show in the list of printers I can add manually.

I'm stumped! Help?

Melissa MB Wilkins

:)

melissambwilkins, Apr 20, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Can't reinstall the driver for Microsoft Print to PDF because it is missing from the list

Microsoft Print to PDF driver is not listed under Manufactuer or in Windows features.

Hi,

If you're unable to locate Microsoft Print to PDF driver in device manager, we suggest you follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • On the pop-up window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Printing, click Printer troubleshooter.
    • Click Next, and follow the on-screen prompts.
    The troubleshooter will scan for any missing drivers and will help you install it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't reinstall the driver for Microsoft Print to PDF because it is missing from the list

1. Can't reinstall the driver for Microsoft Print to PDF because it is missing from the list - Similar Threads - Can't reinstall driver

2. Microsoft print to PDF driver reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft print to PDF driver reinstallation?: I am trying to install microsoft print to PDF in Windows 10, I have followed online instructions to turn on the windows feature and have attempted to install the printer driver but the "Microsoft print to PDF" choice is not present under Microsoft. Is there a way to reinstall...
  3. Downloadable Microsoft Print to PDF driver

Downloadable Microsoft Print to PDF driver: In my opinion, the techical support is no longer user friendly for this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-add-or-reinstall-the-microsoft-pdf-printer/70377c34-e50a-42be-b9f3-92345d6e25df?page=8.Kindly create a driver for...
  4. Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list

Microsoft print to pdf has disappeared from printer list: ...its disappeared and does not show in the list of printers when 'adding a local printer et' local port, use existing port: PORTPROMPT:, Microsoft shows up in the Manufacturers list but not in the 'Printers' list. From what i understand there should be a 'Microsoft print to...
  5. Microsoft print to pdf but missing

Microsoft print to pdf but missing: Hi! I am using "microsoft print to pdf" to create a PDF format file. The original file is a drawing with many lines, and the paper size is 297 cm x 84.1 cm. I have modified the 69b8a4a.gpd file corresponding to the printer and added the following: *Option: CUSTOMSIZE {...
  6. Microsoft Print To PDF driver

Microsoft Print To PDF driver: My software uses the Microsoft Print to PDF driver. When I install my software I want to check if the Print To PDF driver is available, and if not, install it silently. Any ideas?...
  7. Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers

Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers: Can someone please help me find a way to get the Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers? I have been looking for them and I am not able to find them. I ran Windows Update and I still do not have the drivers. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Missing the Microsoft Print to PDF print drivers/ signatures

Missing the Microsoft Print to PDF print drivers/ signatures: My Microsoft Print to PDF printer stopped working and was sending my prints to the physical printer. I removed my Microsoft Print to PDF printer turning windows feature on or off, this is a section of uninstalling a program. I did this by simply unchecking the box. and...
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF driver

Microsoft Print to PDF driver: I am trying to reinstall Microsoft Print to PDF but is doesn't appear in the list of drivers. How can I obtain the driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-driver/bbbcab8b-47e2-4474-9e33-c1ec2a6e9662
  10. Can't print .pdf from browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't print .pdf from browser: Hi. I can't print any .pdf file directly from browser (edge or chrome). When I choose print, the only option I have is to save as pdf and then I have to open the saved pdf file and print it. Saved files are printed OK. Can you help me? Thanks. 43738