Windows 10: Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive

Discus and support Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had problems for ages with my PC taking 10-15 minutes to startup. Decided it was time to start again. Created a USB pen using media creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by reddwarf4ever, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive

I have had problems for ages with my PC taking 10-15 minutes to startup. Decided it was time to start again. Created a USB pen using media creation tool. Goes through the installing files, then says PC needs to restart, at this point I removed the flash drive, to stop it trying to boot from it.

bit now I just get the whirring logo and it wont boot into windows.

i removed and replaced the SSD connections all secure.

any thoughts what I can do .? It said there was t room for the install, so I chose format.....

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Sep 25, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive

1. Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive - Similar Threads - Can’t reinstall flash

2. Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall: My laptop will not boot due to REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD.I am trying to reinstall Windows 11 to the internal SSD using install media on an external USB drive.The installer is unable to do automatically.From the command line:WMIC get status reports the SSD is OK.Format c: /FS:NTFS>...
  3. Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall: My laptop will not boot due to REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD.I am trying to reinstall Windows 11 to the internal SSD using install media on an external USB drive.The installer is unable to do automatically.From the command line:WMIC get status reports the SSD is OK.Format c: /FS:NTFS>...
  4. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?: In preparation for selling or giving away an old 15" HP Notebook I followed the steps at this link to perform a factory reset of Windows 10 Home.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxV2gium5YIt's a decent video about how to perform a factory reset.Earlier I tried a tried a...
  5. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?: In preparation for selling or giving away an old 15" HP Notebook I followed the steps at this link to perform a factory reset of Windows 10 Home.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxV2gium5YIt's a decent video about how to perform a factory reset.Earlier I tried a tried a...
  6. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive incomplete. Why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 can’t reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can’t reinstall.: Hi!I wanted to try Chromebook flex Os on my laptop win 10 and installed it. It was nothing for me chromebook flex Os! Now it impossible to go back to my win 10. I have tried win iso fil on usb to from to make clean install. I downloaded from chromebook flex to usb, it didn’t...
  8. Windows 10 can’t reinstall.

Windows 10 can’t reinstall.: Hi!I wanted to try Chromebook flex Os on my laptop win 10 and installed it. It was nothing for me chromebook flex Os! Now it impossible to go back to my win 10. I have tried win iso fil on usb to from to make clean install. I downloaded from chromebook flex to usb, it didn’t...
  9. Windows 10 can’t reinstall.

10. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive

Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive: Hi, I used the creation tool to make the USB successfully. I set the Laptop to boot from USB. The process took approximately 8 hours and shut down at the end of it. I did not see if there was any message at completion My question; Should I now remove the USB and try to...