Windows 10: Cant reinstall Windows Live Mail in Win 10. Get an error message

Discus and support Cant reinstall Windows Live Mail in Win 10. Get an error message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new win 10 computer to replace a win 7 unit. When I try to install windows live mail it fails with an error message 0x80040609. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KG5608, Jan 26, 2019.

1. KG5608 Win User

Cant reinstall Windows Live Mail in Win 10. Get an error message

I have a new win 10 computer to replace a win 7 unit. When I try to install windows live mail it fails with an error message 0x80040609.

I have tried windows mail and it is nowhere near as good as WLM. Can anyone help me?

:)

KG5608, Jan 26, 2019
  2. jefflr Win User

Windows Live Mail error message

jefflr, Jan 26, 2019
  3. So now there's no way to get a @live account to work with Windows Live Mail now?

I've been getting the 3219 error, googled it, found solution (to use the Mail program of Win 10 etc.

But I like the interface of Windows Live Mail - I have all my email addresses on it, now it's refusing the most important @Live one which I use for work.

Is there a way to get Windows Live to work with @live.com mail addresses or is all hope lost?

Black Panther, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Cant reinstall Windows Live Mail in Win 10. Get an error message

Live Mail in Windows 10

Windows 2012 Live Mail failed after the Win10 upgrade in that it gave error code ID 0x800C013E on connecting the the mail servers. This error code isn't shown in the Live Mail code list published by MS!

1st tried to export the emails and account details to safety and that feature simply didn't work.

2nd followed the MS suggested move of emails to the storage folders and then delete/reinstate the account details. No Joy.

The inbox folder created for the storage area had 'disappeared' and the contents lost.

I copied back the saved version of the mail.msmessage file and the email headers show but the body text doesn't.

3rd Having previously made a copy of the 'mail.msmessagestore' and copied elsewhere, I then uninstalled live mail (the referenced repair of the application doesn't exist in win 10 it seems.) and reinstalled, then overwrote the new mail.msmessagestore with
    the old. Still doesn't work.

The new email app in win 10 is so simplistic as to be worthless and cant import content in any way.

Live Mail is not compatible with win 10 upgrade as this seems to be the same problem with win 8x upgrades.

Any suggestions much appreciated as my wife runs her business using Live Mail or did anyway?

thanks

KennethTVY, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Cant reinstall Windows Live Mail in Win 10. Get an error message

1. Cant reinstall Windows Live Mail in Win 10. Get an error message - Similar Threads - Cant reinstall Live

2. Have issues getting into live mail keep getting this message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have issues getting into live mail keep getting this message: Can someone please help to resolve? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-issues-getting-into-live-mail-keep-getting/ce71b9a9-f24c-4203-8b1f-59c6a87e63b0
  3. Have issues getting into live mail keep getting this message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have issues getting into live mail keep getting this message: Can someone please help to resolve? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-issues-getting-into-live-mail-keep-getting/ce71b9a9-f24c-4203-8b1f-59c6a87e63b0
  4. moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail: I had a motherboard die on my Windows 7 machine but luckily the hard drive survived. So I can't open windows live mail and export. I have the complete windows 7 live mail eml files on the hard drive that I've saved for later use and need them on my windows 10 machine in...
  5. Error message in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in Windows Live Mail: Since the August 2019 crash of Telus email, every time I open Window live mail ( I know it's unsupported and old but has, until now worked perfectly) I have been receiving the following error message in Window Live Mail: unable to send or receive messages for the Telus ( )...
  6. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  7. Windows Live Mail error message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail error message: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me! I am reasonably computer literate (started when Win 3.1 was the current OS) but new to Win 10 which I have just acquired pre installed on a new PC. I use WLM and got it running well on two separate accounts on...
  8. Windows Live Mail with Win 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail with Win 10?: I have been playing around with win 10 for a while now, first in a virtual machine but lately as a dual boot with Win 8.1. Now I am seriously thinking of making Win 10 my main OS. My question - with Win 8.1, I use Windows Live Mail, will this be supported under Win 10? TIA...
  9. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...