Windows 10: Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps

Discus and support Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was trying to fix an issue where my Windows Store wouldn't download or update any apps which was preventing me from opening certain programs. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PhantomWhiskers, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps

I was trying to fix an issue where my Windows Store wouldn't download or update any apps which was preventing me from opening certain programs. I followed the steps listed by Vijay_Verma's answer in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...oad-apps/ed2e52f2-449c-4d62-af25-23e5d5f3ebdd and steps 1-4 didn't fix the issue.

I went to step 5 to try uninstalling and reinstalling the store, and ran "Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* Remove-AppxPackage", which uninstalled the store, but when I tried running "Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”}" to reinstall the store, it is giving me an error message:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9

Unable to update all user store with package Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe with error: 0x80070057

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] f5289a23-6961-0006-a53d-29f56169d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID f5289a23-6961-0006-a53d-29f56169d601

At line:1 char:53

+ ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

I now have no Windows Store, and lost access to several programs and games on my PC, and need help getting Windows Store reinstalled. I would like to avoid doing a complete reinstall of Windows because it requires uninstalling several hundreds of gigs of programs that I don't want to have to re-download due to ISP data caps. I have attempted a system restore, which failed due to running out of disk space, and now system restore is showing no available restore points.

:)

PhantomWhiskers, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Dreya Win User

Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide

That's okay if your graphics card works and the motherboard is correctly seated and 'earthed' without these you can't get a POST code and without the motherboard correctly fitted you don't get any beeps ( Been there done that!!) *Oh Well Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps :eek:hwell:

Think this is basic step by step plain english instructions. If they can't follow these then why are they attempting to build in the first place! Nice one Keakar - *Smile Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps :)

Good luck

Dreya, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 3, 2020
  4. dumbunni Win User

Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps

Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide

step by step trouble shooting

thank you keakar..have printed out the info...for the future build I plan....very helpful

dumbunni, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps

1. Can't reinstall Windows Store after attempting troubleshooting steps - Similar Threads - Can't reinstall Store

2. Can't Reinstall Windows Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Reinstall Windows Store: I got problem w/ Microsoft store using win 11, so i removed itW/ pwshell i use Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentModeand i get this error messageAlso Windows Search don't work, and i'm not able...
  3. Can't Reinstall Windows Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Reinstall Windows Store: I got problem w/ Microsoft store using win 11, so i removed itW/ pwshell i use Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore*\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentModeand i get this error messageAlso Windows Search don't work, and i'm not able...
  4. reinstall window steps

in Windows 10 Customization
    reinstall window steps: Reinstall Windows1.On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website and select Download tool now. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows102.When the download is complete, open the tool from your desktop, and then select Yes when asked if you’d...
  5. Can't reinstall Microsoft Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't reinstall Microsoft Windows Store: I just did a clean reinstall of Windows 10. But for some reason, I don't have the Microsoft Store.I've tried reinstalling it in Powershell by using:Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  6. I can't install the W10 20H2 update even after following ALL troubleshooting steps!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install the W10 20H2 update even after following ALL troubleshooting steps!!!: I am totally unable to install the W10 20H2 feature update. I've been trying now for several weeks and appear to have exhausted all troubleshooting steps, so now I'm here rather desperately hoping someone might have a solution? Update error code is the typical 0xc1900101...
  7. War Story: The reason for troubleshooting step-by-step

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    War Story: The reason for troubleshooting step-by-step: OK then, here comes a recent war story/lesson learned. Mid-week last week my right-hand Dell 2717D monitor started flickering on me. I've got it up on my desk, connected to my 1070 GTX graphics card with a miniDP to DP cable from monitor to GPU. I have occasionally kicked...
  8. Can't reinstall WIndows Store

Can't reinstall WIndows Store: Hello I have a problem with windows store and some apps like xbox helper. I tried to change name of .exe file of game at windowsapps folder and I have followed some tutorials how to get acces, however i still couldn't and this is where I messed up I think. After that I...
  9. Can't reinstall WIndows Store

Can't reinstall WIndows Store: Hello I have a problem with windows store and some apps like xbox helper. I tried to change name of .exe file of game at windowsapps folder and I have followed some tutorials how to get acces, however i still couldn't and this is where I messed up I think. After that I...
  10. Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?: I installed this week's cumulative update today and all was fine. I then used the TAKEOWN command on the windows.old folder left over from the Anniversary Update I did a while ago to remove one residual file (which is already in the main windows folder). I couldn't delete it...