Windows 10: Can't remember Administrator name and Password

Discus and support Can't remember Administrator name and Password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can not remember both my Administrator username and my password. This is SO FRUSTRATING because every time i want to do something, i.e. install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SusannahHardesty, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Can't remember Administrator name and Password

I can not remember both my Administrator username and my password. This is SO FRUSTRATING because every time i want to do something, i.e. install McAfee, which I paid for almost a year ago, it wants permission from the Administrator WHICH IS ME. I purchased MY COMPUTER and Microsoft seems like they did. I have tried to get this straightened out with the virtual support agent, to no avail. If Microsoft can't help me to issue another username and password, I would think they have the ability to remotely change settings which will not continue to require an admin name and password every time I turn around? THIS ISMY COMPUTER!

:)

SusannahHardesty, Dec 17, 2019
  2. jec298829 Win User

Can't remember administrator password in Windows 10

I am running Windows 10. I cannot remember my administrator password even with the clue I noted. I've tried suggestions listed on different forums, nothing works. I can sign in to Microsoft, but apparently this is a different account. So, how do I
    reset or recover my administrator password?

jec298829, Dec 17, 2019
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

4. Can't remember Administrator name and Password

cant remember administrator password

How do I reset the administrator password when I cannot remember it

DanielWhitehead1, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't remember Administrator name and Password

1. Can't remember Administrator name and Password - Similar Threads - Can't remember Administrator

2. Can't remember password for old laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remember password for old laptop.: I found my old laptop in my garage and I can't remember the password for it. Is there a way to change this or bypass this? It's on Windows 7 Ultimate if that makes a difference?...
  3. I cannot remember my administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot remember my administrator password: What can I do if I can’t remember my administrator password, I’d there a way to recover that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-remember-my-administrator-password/9063fd2e-e0c2-4d77-9a62-9404661b8cba
  4. I cannot remember my administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot remember my administrator password: What can I do if I can’t remember my administrator password, I’d there a way to recover that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-remember-my-administrator-password/9063fd2e-e0c2-4d77-9a62-9404661b8cba
  5. I cannot remember my administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Can't remember my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remember my password: Set up a win10 os with some short password I can't remember. Is there any way I can recover it? Thanks 172061
  7. don't remember Administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    don't remember Administrator password: I can't remember my password for DAD on my win 10. Can you reset the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-remember-administrator-password/67ce3905-6317-43c3-9be8-f9f64a905adc
  8. PIN not working and can't remember password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not working and can't remember password.: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 fully updated. I have created two Family accounts for two kids. One of them can get in fine with her PIN. The other can't. He remembers his 4-digit PIN, but not his password I can't either. I don't know what happened, but when he...
  9. Can't remember admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remember admin password: So i just deleted a driver due to BSOD and when I reset my computer it put me in automatic repair mode. The only issue is that I don't know my password and I need to get IN to windows to reset it but I cant because it keeps putting me in automatic repair mode! Ive tried to...
  10. administrator user name / password

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not remember adminsitrator password