Windows 10: Can't Remember Live Account Password; Microsoft Unresponsive to Support Requests

Discus and support Can't Remember Live Account Password; Microsoft Unresponsive to Support Requests in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't remember my PW. I have filled out the form where you put the subject lines of recent emails, the last 4 digits of the CC associated with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Starwind_Amada, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Can't Remember Live Account Password; Microsoft Unresponsive to Support Requests

I can't remember my PW. I have filled out the form where you put the subject lines of recent emails, the last 4 digits of the CC associated with the account, etc. and I never get a response. I have tried live chat. I sat in the queue for 3 hours. No response. I have posted in the community and I get ignored or some random intern tells me to restart my PC.

I cannot access my account remotely or even play some games (like Halo MCC on PC). Microsoft says they offer support but then they don't care. I don't know what else to do. My PW was saved on my PC and then just magically deleted. What's the point of saving it if Edge updates can just remove vital information like that? This is total BS.

submitted by /u/Starwind_Amada
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Starwind_Amada, Apr 4, 2021
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Can't Remember Live Account Password; Microsoft Unresponsive to Support Requests

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Can't Remember Live Account Password; Microsoft Unresponsive to Support Requests

1. Can't Remember Live Account Password; Microsoft Unresponsive to Support Requests - Similar Threads - Can't Remember Live

2. Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account: Hi, my machine Asus-Vivobookmodel - X1502ZAU asking me to enter the recovery key when i boot up. And i don't remember my microsoft accounteven my username/mail. But it shows the Recovery key ID. How can i solve this?...
  3. Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account: Hi, my machine Asus-Vivobookmodel - X1502ZAU asking me to enter the recovery key when i boot up. And i don't remember my microsoft accounteven my username/mail. But it shows the Recovery key ID. How can i solve this?...
  4. Microsoft support unresponsive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft support unresponsive.: Hello, I recently had an issue about my Microsoft account being compromised. I have given all proof that I had ownership, and to which they accepted. However, after I ended the support chat, I was expecting an email in 24-72 hours. It has been a month and I have gone into the...
  5. Microsoft support unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft support unresponsive.: Hello, I recently had an issue about my Microsoft account being compromised. I have given all proof that I had ownership, and to which they accepted. However, after I ended the support chat, I was expecting an email in 24-72 hours. It has been a month and I have gone into the...
  6. Microsoft support unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't remember my local account password

Can't remember my local account password: Hello!I can't remember my password for my local account. Luckily I put on AutoAdminLogOn when I got my computer, but when I want to change some settings, I can't cause I don't remember my password. There suppose to be DefaultPassword stored in...
  8. Can't remember my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remember my password: Set up a win10 os with some short password I can't remember. Is there any way I can recover it? Thanks 172061
  9. Can't remember admin password

Can't remember admin password: So i just deleted a driver due to BSOD and when I reset my computer it put me in automatic repair mode. The only issue is that I don't know my password and I need to get IN to windows to reset it but I cant because it keeps putting me in automatic repair mode! Ive tried to...
  10. Forgot pc password but remember pin and Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot pc password but remember pin and Microsoft account password: I was having some trouble today. i was trying to boot into safe mode (for a different reason) and it would not let me log in. From my understanding the admin password and the Microsoft password are different. I know both the Microsoft password and the pin winch i use to log...