Windows 10: Can't remember my local account password

Discus and support Can't remember my local account password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello!I can't remember my password for my local account. Luckily I put on AutoAdminLogOn when I got my computer, but when I want to change some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Regnum_2, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Regnum_2 Win User

Can't remember my local account password

Hello!I can't remember my password for my local account. Luckily I put on AutoAdminLogOn when I got my computer, but when I want to change some settings, I can't cause I don't remember my password. There suppose to be DefaultPassword stored in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon but there isn't one. Please help!Thanks!

:)

Regnum_2, Aug 9, 2021
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Can't remember my local account password

Forgot Local account password

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as you do not remember the local account password, we will help you with this issue.

Kindly let us know if you have Microsoft account on your computer.

If so, I suggest you to log-in with the Microsoft account and change the password for the local account.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key, type Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Then click on Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click
      Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap Accounts, and then click Sign-in options.
    • Tap Change your password and follow the instructions.

For reference: Passwords in Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

Can't remember my local account password

1. Can't remember my local account password - Similar Threads - Can't remember local

2. PIN is not available. Can't remember Password. Admin Account inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN is not available. Can't remember Password. Admin Account inaccessible: I've had my laptop since 2018 and have not had problem until December 2022.I was trying to use Bluetooth to receive a file from a tablet and it didn't work and when frustrated I closed the laptop.Later, when I tried to sign in I got a response that "Something happened and...
  3. PIN is not available. Can't remember Password. Admin Account inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN is not available. Can't remember Password. Admin Account inaccessible: I've had my laptop since 2018 and have not had problem until December 2022.I was trying to use Bluetooth to receive a file from a tablet and it didn't work and when frustrated I closed the laptop.Later, when I tried to sign in I got a response that "Something happened and...
  4. PIN is not available. Can't remember Password. Admin Account inaccessible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account: I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i...
  6. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account: I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i...
  7. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Can't remember my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remember my password: Set up a win10 os with some short password I can't remember. Is there any way I can recover it? Thanks 172061
  9. Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...: Hi, Is there anyone who knows how to bypass or reset local Windows 10 password using my current PIN? I'm trying to use my Microsoft account instead of my local account but it's asking for my local password not my PIN to proceed. I can't remember my local password as...
  10. Can't remember admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remember admin password: So i just deleted a driver due to BSOD and when I reset my computer it put me in automatic repair mode. The only issue is that I don't know my password and I need to get IN to windows to reset it but I cant because it keeps putting me in automatic repair mode! Ive tried to...