Windows 10: Cant remember password and do not have enough information to get it re-set

Discus and support Cant remember password and do not have enough information to get it re-set in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I set up a live account for the sole purpose of allowing my son to set up a Minecraft account. I added him as a family member and now I cant access the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KirstenArnold2, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Cant remember password and do not have enough information to get it re-set

I set up a live account for the sole purpose of allowing my son to set up a Minecraft account. I added him as a family member and now I cant access the live account I set up in order to allow services. I wound up creating a different live account for myself and linked it to my husbands live family account. The problem remains however that I cant add my son until he is removed from the family attached to the live account for which I forgot the password.

:)

KirstenArnold2, Jun 23, 2021
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. Cannot remember password and PIN to login

Hi,

As per the query, I would like to inform that you require to create a password prior to the creation of the PIN. If you remember the password, click on the sign-in options under the password box in the login screen.

If you forgot your Microsoft account password,
    follow these steps.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Cant remember password and do not have enough information to get it re-set

Edge won't remember Gmail passwords

Hi Ujjal,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Did you check the option “Remember the password” option at the sign in page?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue.

To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Edge browser and click on the More actions icon i.e.“” located on the top right corner of the window.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    • Close the browser and login to Gmail account and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Cant remember password and do not have enough information to get it re-set

1. Cant remember password and do not have enough information to get it re-set - Similar Threads - Cant remember password

2. I do not remember my admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I do not remember my admin password: After a Microsoft update, my desk top will not restart. I get a blank screen. When I try to go to a restore, it askes me for my admin password. But I do not remember my admin password. It was like 13 years ago that I bought desk top computer. But I have been keeping the desk...
  3. I cant remember my windows password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant remember my windows password: I bought the computer about a year ago, and I have never logged out. I can not remember my windows password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remember-my-windows-password/09edcd6b-3e2c-4879-8dfe-524fe2d30f00
  4. Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate: Hi Microsoft Team, There are 3 laptops in the house and 2 of them and all mobiles phone are all working fine with the wifi routers. No issues in connecting to the internet with these devices. Only one of the laptop shows this message "Windows does not have enough...
  5. Passwords not being remembered

in Windows 10 Customization
    Passwords not being remembered: Hi, since the last set of updates, none of the passwords that were meant to be saved for automatically entering are doing that. Some examples: 1. OneDrive no longer logs in on launch of PC; 2. Outlook keeps telling me that my credentials need updating i.e. manually...
  6. How do I get windows 10 to remember password for apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get windows 10 to remember password for apps: Hi, I have an app that I have to put in my username and password everytime to log in and I would like my PC to remember it. If I do a search it will give me results for how to get it to remember passwords for sites but that's not the issue. If I put app in the search (like...
  7. Remember a Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remember a Password: I have an app and everytime I open it, I need to enter the password (it remembers my username). What can I do so it will automatically remember the password so I don't need to input it everytime?...
  8. cant remember password in windows device settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant remember password in windows device settings: trying to change device settings, cannot remember administrator password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-password-in-windows-device-settings/b294420c-c74c-494c-a9e9-beb225ef6d9c
  9. Edge will not remember passwords!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember passwords!: Passwords do not work on bing. When I try to log in, it has my email stored, but then the password never autofills like Chrome does. Chrome is flawless in this regard, never had an issue. I don't get what is so hard about filling in a password. I can't be typing in complex...
  10. How do I get sites to remember my username and password?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get sites to remember my username and password?: Hi There are one or two Forums and sites that I visit on a regular bases, where it would be very useful, if the Site/s in question could at least remember my username and maybe my password as well. So I didn't keep having to fill in all my details every time. Is...