Windows 10: Can't remember User ID or Password to reload Windows 10

Discus and support Can't remember User ID or Password to reload Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Purchased Windows 10 and set it up. Hardware issues had to re format. Now cannot remember ID or Password. How can I activate the Windows 10 which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Catyaa, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Catyaa Win User

Can't remember User ID or Password to reload Windows 10

Purchased Windows 10 and set it up. Hardware issues had to re format. Now cannot remember ID or Password. How can I activate the Windows 10 which I have already paid for?

:)

Catyaa, Nov 10, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Can't remember User ID or Password to reload Windows 10

Windows 10 User Password

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

Unfortunately there is no way to see what password you have stored on your account. I would suggest you to contact your brother and check if your brother remembers the password and can help you with it.

The other way is that you reset the password (if you are using a Microsoft account)

Reset your password

If you are using a local account, you may remove the password and set a strong password again by yourself or by consulting your brother. To remove the password, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type control panel and click on Ok.
    • On the top right corner, change the view by to large icons.
    • Click on User accounts. And then click on manage another account.
    • Under the list, select your account and click remove/delete password.

Once the password is deleted, you may go to the same settings to set a new password.

Hope this information was helpful. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't remember User ID or Password to reload Windows 10

1. Can't remember User ID or Password to reload Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't remember User

2. Can't remember password for old laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remember password for old laptop.: I found my old laptop in my garage and I can't remember the password for it. Is there a way to change this or bypass this? It's on Windows 7 Ultimate if that makes a difference?...
  3. Windows 10 says can't repair, can't remember user id

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 says can't repair, can't remember user id: How can I reset my id when I can't use the PC to do it? I want to let it reset or remove recent updates to hopefully correct the errors that are stopping it from running. Ive tried letting it restart several times without change...
  4. Can't remember my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remember my password: Set up a win10 os with some short password I can't remember. Is there any way I can recover it? Thanks 172061
  5. user ID , pin and passwords

user ID , pin and passwords: I have 2 laptops running windows 10. Can i use the same user ID, password, pin, cellphone number, and email address for both laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-id-pin-and-passwords/b35bb65a-0f9d-4841-a207-d180ecf335e3
  6. PIN not working and can't remember password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not working and can't remember password.: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 fully updated. I have created two Family accounts for two kids. One of them can get in fine with her PIN. The other can't. He remembers his 4-digit PIN, but not his password I can't either. I don't know what happened, but when he...
  7. Can't remember admin password

Can't remember admin password: So i just deleted a driver due to BSOD and when I reset my computer it put me in automatic repair mode. The only issue is that I don't know my password and I need to get IN to windows to reset it but I cant because it keeps putting me in automatic repair mode! Ive tried to...
  8. Can't remember Administrator name and Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remember Administrator name and Password: I can not remember both my Administrator username and my password. This is SO FRUSTRATING because every time i want to do something, i.e. install McAfee, which I paid for almost a year ago, it wants permission from the Administrator WHICH IS ME. I purchased MY COMPUTER and...
  9. User-ID/Password problems

User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...
  10. User-ID/Password problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...