Windows 10: Cant Remote Desktop Anymore

Discus and support Cant Remote Desktop Anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My home Windows 10 laptop has recently updated and I can now no longer Remote Desktop to my windows 10 desktop based in my work office.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scottvsaunders, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Cant Remote Desktop Anymore

Hi,

My home Windows 10 laptop has recently updated and I can now no longer Remote Desktop to my windows 10 desktop based in my work office.

Before, I had to enter the microsoft username that was associated with my work desktop and it would allow me to connect from home and stream the desktop.

I think I am being think however I can't now find any way to emulate this process again

Can anyone give me some ideas of what I need to do from my laptop in order to re-establish the remote desktop facility please?

Thanks

Scott

:)

scottvsaunders, Nov 15, 2016
  2. Linley Meslier, Nov 15, 2016
  3. LCRT Win User
    remote desktop problem ( wp 8.1 )

of course it doesn't work - you cant remote desktop into a surface rt.

not all editions of windows can be remoted into: for windows 8 devices, you need windows 8 pro on the machine that is the remote desktop target.

4. EdTittel Win User

Cant Remote Desktop Anymore

I've had some luck with this kind of situation (I use RDP a LOT on my home LAN) in going to the Remote tab in the System control panel widget, and toggling remote connections radio buttons (click the "don't allow" button, then click Apply; then click the "Allow remote" button, then click Apply again). I think there may be some use of SIDs in the background to identify remote connections and when upgrades happen, SIDs change. Toggling the RDP settings appears to refresh this stuff, and (sometimes) puts it back to rights.

Try it: it only takes a minute or so, and you'll know very quickly whether or not it helps your situation. If so, good; if not, other fixes will be needed.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 15, 2016
  5. Perfect - I will give they a try , thanks for replying

scottvsaunders, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cant Remote Desktop Anymore

1. Cant Remote Desktop Anymore - Similar Threads - Cant Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on both computers but when I try to connect using Remote Desktop it tells me 'The remote computer is not available on the network' How do I resolve?...
  3. Remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop: My PC freezes when I am trying to copy and paste on the remote desktop using VPM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/9ad87e89-f004-4c05-9a9b-c7a9d94cf54b
  4. After using remote desktop the local keyboard doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    After using remote desktop the local keyboard doesn't work anymore: I connect to a desktop running win 10 pro and the remote desktop all works fine but after I disconnect and try to 'normally' use the desktop I noticed the local keyboard just doesn't work. It requires me to disconnect it and plug it in again into the USB port for it to work...
  5. remote desktop

remote desktop: Cannot connect to remote desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/63931850-567c-4fe0-a50e-206f9c9ec231
  6. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop: What version of Windows 10 do I need to get a license for to be able to connect to work remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/34cd5035-ac89-414f-ac58-2b14550cb7ed"
  7. remote desktop

remote desktop: windows 10 no longer connects to remote xp computer on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/f46d2e85-7938-4abc-a751-04b842c31159
  8. Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7: Hi, since a few days, we have issues while trying to connect from Windows 7 & 10 clients to a Windows Server 2012R2 RD Farm. RD farm is composed of two RD session hosts + 1 RD Gateway. Windows 10 clients are build 1809. The clients and the servers are in different...
  9. Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop: Hi All, this problem is getting worse and happens daily. I have Windows 10 Pro. I have 2 monitors and use Remote Desktop Version 10.1.1088.0 on my system. I use this all day. I go back and forth between the RDP and my windows desktop apps. (excel, word, Outlook, etc)....
  10. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant remote desktop anymore