Windows 10: CANT REMOVE A DEFAULT APP

Discus and support CANT REMOVE A DEFAULT APP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi my Windows 10 default photo app has stopped working, I've tried to remove the app to reload, but it won't let me. I don't know how to access any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GillianAmos, Jul 20, 2018.

1. CANT REMOVE A DEFAULT APP

Hi my Windows 10 default photo app has stopped working, I've tried to remove the app to reload, but it won't let me. I don't know how to access any of my photos now. can anyone help

:)

GillianAmos, Jul 20, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Removing duplicate app entries from the default files list

Hi Roger,

There's a possibility that Firefox isn't uninstalled completely on your computer. We suggest that you uninstall it in the
    Settings app by following these steps:

• On Start, select that cog icon or Settings.
    • Go to Apps and select the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Select Uninstall and follow the instructions on the screen.

This will completely remove Firefox from your system and from the Default Apps list. You can also check and save this article that in case you need a guide to

repair or remove programs in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

If you found our suggestion helpful, kindly mark this post as answer so we can help other Community members that have the same question.

Jaune Bel, Jul 20, 2018
  4. CANT REMOVE A DEFAULT APP

Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

CANT REMOVE A DEFAULT APP

1. CANT REMOVE A DEFAULT APP - Similar Threads - CANT REMOVE DEFAULT

2. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change default app location: I Recently installed windows on my new SSD, and i am trying to change my default install location to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed a rabbit hole of fixes and tutorials on user permission changes, sharing setting and command prompt...
  3. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change default app location: I Recently installed windows on my new SSD, and i am trying to change my default install location to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed a rabbit hole of fixes and tutorials on user permission changes, sharing setting and command prompt...
  4. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. remove default app

remove default app: How do I set there to be no default web browser program? I like to choose every time, but today I accidentally clicked Firefox when the "make this the default app" box was ticked. 161018
  6. Removal of custom default app

Removal of custom default app: I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1909 (18363.535). It seems that I can no longer select an arbitrary executable to open a specific file type. For example, I have the portable version of the photo viewing app IrfanView on my hard disk, but there appears to be no way to make it my...
  7. Cant change Default app for .lua

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change Default app for .lua: I currently have .lua extention on Sublime text 2. and i would like to change it to another program and windows wont let me change it. ive tried changing from properties, and the windows settings. if you know how to fix this, i would like to hear your answer...
  8. Microsoft Store - default apps cant be removed ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - default apps cant be removed ?: Hello, Earlier today, after trying to remove Acronis, I found myself unable to boot my computer, so ended up reverting the installation using the Troubleshooting functionality. This all worked pretty well, however, the Microsoft Store appears to now have a problem. Its...
  9. Cant set the default app for extensions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant set the default app for extensions: Im trying to set the default app for the extension .res but it wont let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-the-default-app-for-extensions/21a0939a-bac4-4bcb-bdd6-3fcbfa352d67
  10. Cant change default app settings

Cant change default app settings: Hi as stated I cant change any of the default app settings in windows 10. I tried to change my default browser to chrome,nothing happens after i click google chrome,its still edge. This also applies to other defaults like maps,music player,photo viewer etc. 59930