Windows 10: can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop

Discus and support can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a pdf file saved with symbols in it's name and i can't delete. I followed all of the recommendations in a similar post to no avail. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aug98, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Aug98 Win User

can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop

Hi there,

I have a pdf file saved with symbols in it's name and i can't delete. I followed all of the recommendations in a similar post to no avail. I have tried:

Safe mode

Del + Shift

Win Explorer Alt+P

Renaming

Cmd tells me it can't find the file I am deleting. I have copied and pasted the full name of the file but it still can't find it

Scannow

And everything else from the Feb 2019 post.

Can someone suggest something else? The pdf file was saved with all symbols etc and I understand that is the problem.

:)

Aug98, Apr 20, 2020

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Apr 20, 2020
  4. can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop

Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop

1. can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop - Similar Threads - can't remove pdf

2. Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.: I'm unable to delete a shortcut from Firefox and a website I was browsing. I've selected it and hit the "delete" key and right clicked to delete it. I tried moving it to Recycle Bin. I have started Windows in safe mode and tried to delete it and it still won't work. The...
  3. Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.: I'm unable to delete a shortcut from Firefox and a website I was browsing. I've selected it and hit the "delete" key and right clicked to delete it. I tried moving it to Recycle Bin. I have started Windows in safe mode and tried to delete it and it still won't work. The...
  4. Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can not remove a pdf from my win10 desktop - solution?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not remove a pdf from my win10 desktop - solution?: HelloI had a pdf that I couldn't delete. I followed another thread that had suggested solutions, but they didn't work.I was able to get rid of the file by using Mcafee file shredder.Hope this helps others....
  6. Can not remove a pdf from my win10 desktop - solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not remove a pdf from my win10 desktop - solution?: HelloI had a pdf that I couldn't delete. I followed another thread that had suggested solutions, but they didn't work.I was able to get rid of the file by using Mcafee file shredder.Hope this helps others....
  7. Can not remove a pdf from my win10 desktop - solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  9. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

in Windows 10 Support
    My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  10. .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop: From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop. But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon. I tried to move it to the recycle bin but nothing happens. I'm not an expert at all. Can,please,someone help me. Thank you 130314