Windows 10: Can't remove account from Windows 10

Discus and support Can't remove account from Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an account on my computer that is from a previous client I worked for and I no longer have access to the account. I want to remove it from my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by geodan06, Oct 30, 2018.

1. geodan06 Win User

Can't remove account from Windows 10

I have an account on my computer that is from a previous client I worked for and I no longer have access to the account. I want to remove it from my computer to stop getting the message that I have an issue with an account. When I click "Manage" to remove this account, it just pops my current/valid MS account. How do I remove this account from my computer?

:)

geodan06, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can't remove account from Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Oct 30, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't remove account from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't remove account

2. Can't remove device from school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove device from school account: I've made sure that I've never selected "Allow Organization to Manage Your Device" when I've done sign ins, yet I now see the account on my personal laptop, there is no option to remove the device from the **** account portal. What the **** am I supposed to do? I never...
  3. Can't remove device from school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove device from school account: I've made sure that I've never selected "Allow Organization to Manage Your Device" when I've done sign ins, yet I now see the account on my personal laptop, there is no option to remove the device from the **** account portal. What the **** am I supposed to do? I never...
  4. Can't remove account from windows PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove account from windows PC: Hello, so I was using a PC that was issued by an extracurricular activity I was involved in, and I had a school issued Microsoft Login, so I said, "hey, I'll just add my account onto here, so I can have a laptop around in case I need one" by the way, there was already a user...
  5. Removing email account from Windows 10

Removing email account from Windows 10: I want to remove my personal email account from my laptop but I am concerned about deleting my msn account. Who can I safely remove my email account from this laptop?...
  6. Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....

Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....: So I had a Windows 10 VM and it was not able to start and I couldn't fix it so deleted the VM and created it again since my MS account was on the and it would sync everything. But the old VM device is linked under my Microsoft account and I want to remove it cause I can't...
  7. Can't remove Samsung account from Microsoft account

Can't remove Samsung account from Microsoft account: I want to remove an old Samsung account from my Microsoft account but can't. I go to the Additional Security Options page, click remove Samsung Account, when it asks me if I'm sure I click Remove, then the computer thinks for a bit, refreshes and voila, the Samsung account...
  8. Can't remove a school account from Windows 10 Home

Can't remove a school account from Windows 10 Home: I have two accounts on this computer: my account that's tied to my personal email address and is the administrator account, and my university account to which I no longer have access. I get daily notifications from Windows about the account needing my attention, but I'm...
  9. Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10: I cannot remove an account from Settings / Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a...
  10. removing a microsoft account from windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a microsoft account from windows 10: hi So i remove my microsoft account from a particular laptop, i wanted to know what is going to happen to the data in my account on the laptop like music, movies, programs and other files? will the data still be there when i sign in on that same laptop with the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove an office 365 log-in