Windows 10: Can't remove additional input method

Discus and support Can't remove additional input method in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I only have two languages in Settings but three input methods are displayed in the right-bottom language bar, with an additional English Singapore.Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob5749, May 11, 2021.

1. Bob5749 Win User

Can't remove additional input method

I only have two languages in Settings but three input methods are displayed in the right-bottom language bar, with an additional English Singapore.Have tried to remove the extra input method by installing English Singapore in Settings and then delete it. I succeed every time doing this way but would still see English Singapore remaining in the language bar after restarting my computer.

:)

Bob5749, May 11, 2021

2. Input Methods on AT&T Tilt

I have tried to change the input method on my AT&T Tilt. All the options are there, ie: Block Recognizer, Keyboard, Letter Recognizer, Symbol Pad, and Transcriber. When I attempt to change from Keyboard to another method with the drop down menu, I tap OK
    and then check again and it is back to Keyboard. Also, if I tap on Transcriber and then the Options button, a dialog box opens that says "Can't open the configuration dialog. Transcriber Options are available only when Transcriber
    is selected as the active input method". Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Tralfamadore, May 11, 2021
  3. Caio G. Win User
    Various input methods that I didn't add and can't remove?

Hi, funnytpo100c!

My name is Caio. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

These input methods can be appeared by accidentally clicking on them or editing texts in other language on a third-party app. You can remove these input methods by following the steps below

> Click on the input methods icon (the menu you sent on the screenshot)

> Click on Language preferences

> On the screen that pops up, on Preferred languages you'll see all the input methods

> Click on the language you want to remove and then click on
    Remove

> Repeat the last step from each language you want to remove

I hope this helps you! Please let me know if I can assist you more.

Best regards,

Independent Advisor

Caio G., May 11, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't remove additional input method - Similar Threads - Can't remove additional

2. I can't remove additional keyboard layouts from the switch input method menu on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove additional keyboard layouts from the switch input method menu on the taskbar.: Actually, I want to get rid of the menu from the taskbar itself and apparently the only way to do so is to have only one keyboard layout installed on my PC.P.S. I can't upload an image of it for some reason here. The upload failed even after trying multiple tries after...
  3. I can't remove additional keyboard layouts from the switch input method menu on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove additional keyboard layouts from the switch input method menu on the taskbar.: Actually, I want to get rid of the menu from the taskbar itself and apparently the only way to do so is to have only one keyboard layout installed on my PC.P.S. I can't upload an image of it for some reason here. The upload failed even after trying multiple tries after...
  4. How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts

How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts: Hello,I have several keyboard layouts between which I can switch with WindowsKey + space-bar.They show up as well in the notification area of the taskbar.I do not need them; I have only one keyboard with only one layout, and even if I may type in another language at times, I...
  5. Redundant input methods are impossible to remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redundant input methods are impossible to remove: Hello,I just set up a new machine running Windows 11. I use multiple languages and input methods. The machine has a Swiss French keyboard and I use 4 languages ENG [Europe], FRA, ITA, ESP. For ENG and FRA, I use the Swiss French QWERTZ keyboard. For ITA, Italian QWERTY, and...
  6. Redundant input methods are impossible to remove

Redundant input methods are impossible to remove: Hello,I just set up a new machine running Windows 11. I use multiple languages and input methods. The machine has a Swiss French keyboard and I use 4 languages ENG [Europe], FRA, ITA, ESP. For ENG and FRA, I use the Swiss French QWERTZ keyboard. For ITA, Italian QWERTY, and...
  7. To remove unwanted language input methods.

in Windows 10 Customization
    To remove unwanted language input methods.: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Home, version 20H2. I've seen similar problems on the posts that posted 2 years ago on older version of Windows 10. There's still nothing I can do to remove the extra input languages. My question is how to remove those extra input methods?...
  8. Additional keyboard input method automatically added -- can't be removed!

Additional keyboard input method automatically added -- can't be removed!: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909, OS build 18363.657. I am primarily using 2 languages when I type on my computer, one of which English. Despite living in the UK, I don't like the English UK layout of the special characters e.g. the @ and " are swapped and I never use this...
  9. Remove Input Methods

Remove Input Methods: Hey everyone, I'm running into a bit of a difficulty attempting to remove input methods. I've already removed the languages and restarted a few times, but the input methods still remain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot of the issue below....
  10. Remove input method without removing language?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove input method without removing language?: I have an Italian installation of Windows 10 Pro 1511, and I also have the Japanese IME and, thus, Japanese language installed in the control panel, BUT I needed to install English (UK) too, because all the Store apps that didn't support Italian used Japanese instead of...