Windows 10: Can't remove administrator password without use of internet

Discus and support Can't remove administrator password without use of internet in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sir, I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad L340 laptop with windows 10 and created an account in microsoft and signed in.While signing in to windows they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by I am Michael Joy, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Can't remove administrator password without use of internet

Sir, I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad L340 laptop with windows 10 and created an account in microsoft and signed in.While signing in to windows they are asking microsoft account password. I already tried to remove login password in control panel but it redirects to microsoft account. This is the first time i got such an experience.How can i remove my password while signing in to computer?. Without internet facility i am not getting access to password change platform.

:)

I am Michael Joy, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Pyeti Win User
    password on windows removal

Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

NT Password Reset will remove the password from your local administrator account (or any other account). Quite easy and straight forward to use.

Pyeti, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Can't remove administrator password without use of internet

Removing/changing Administrator

Hi Mike,

We are sorry to hear about the loss.

Before assisting we would like to know:

The account you are speaking about is it a Microsoft Administrator Account or a Local Administrator Account?

• If it is a Microsoft Administrator Account then Password cannot be removed.

• In order to remove the Password Protection for a Local Administrator Account you would need to Enable the Build In Administrator Account. This will help you in removing the Password.

• To Enable the Build In Administrator Account Please follow the below steps:

As per the Description you have mentioned as you see an error as "change settings are currently unavailable." We would request you to help us with the Screenshot of this error.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link to send a Screen shot in Microsoft Community:

How to include a screenshot in your post

The above steps should be helpful to you, if the issue still persist, then to write back to us and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't remove administrator password without use of internet

1. Can't remove administrator password without use of internet - Similar Threads - Can't remove administrator

2. Can't use laptop without internet access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't use laptop without internet access: Hi. I'm trying to get a document from my drive but guess what? I can't use the computer without logging into Microsoft. 2 questions:1 How can I disable this permanently?2 Why would you design a computer that can't be used in a rural area? Not everyone has access to the...
  3. Can't use laptop without internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use laptop without internet access: Hi. I'm trying to get a document from my drive but guess what? I can't use the computer without logging into Microsoft. 2 questions:1 How can I disable this permanently?2 Why would you design a computer that can't be used in a rural area? Not everyone has access to the...
  4. Can't use computer without internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't use computer without internet: Freshly installed OS; recently moved to a new app and I dont have internet access yet; when i try to login it says 'You'll need internet connection for this'. I want to access my OS and files and keep writing my graduation thesis. I tried holding shift and restarting and...
  5. Can't use computer without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use computer without internet: Freshly installed OS; recently moved to a new app and I dont have internet access yet; when i try to login it says 'You'll need internet connection for this'. I want to access my OS and files and keep writing my graduation thesis. I tried holding shift and restarting and...
  6. Can't use computer without internet

7. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't reset windows without administrator password: Its been a long time since i booted up an old windows 10 PC. I've forgotten the administrator password so i turn it off and on while booting a few times and it opens the repairing menu. But there it only shows me administrator accounts and asks me to login to those accounts...
  8. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset windows without administrator password: Its been a long time since i booted up an old windows 10 PC. I've forgotten the administrator password so i turn it off and on while booting a few times and it opens the repairing menu. But there it only shows me administrator accounts and asks me to login to those accounts...
  9. Can't reset windows without administrator password

10. reset administrator password without current administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset administrator password without current administrator password: I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but without a solution for my issue. When the password was created I was unaware of the ability to recover a password using a form...