Windows 10: Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed"

Discus and support Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jkvVYg I just installed a new motherboard, and it has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Before this, I was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FireCrow1013, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed"

My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jkvVYg

I just installed a new motherboard, and it has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Before this, I was using just a cheap USB Bluetooth adapter that I got on Amazon. I've been trying to remove all of my Bluetooth devices that I had paired with that original USB adapter so I can re-pair them with the new built-in Bluetooth on the motherboard, but every single time I try, it gives me the error message "Remove Failed," and it stays there.

Things that I've tried that haven't worked:

1. Removing the paired Bluetooth devices in the Windows 10 Bluetooth settings

2. Going into the registry and deleting the saved Bluetooth devices manually

3. Going into Device Manager, showing hidden devices, and deleting them uninstalling them from there (I tried this both with and without Airplane Mode active on my machine)

4. Unpairing all devices at once using this program: http://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools/

5. Plugging in the USB adapter and unpairing everything with that in the machine

6. Going to Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and deleting them from there (which I couldn't get to even happen)

I have absolutely no idea what to do. I can't re-pair my devices to this new Bluetooth adapter on the motherboard, and I can't remove what's already saved there. I certainly don't want to have to reinstall Windows to get all of this working, there's no way that it should be that severe of a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/FireCrow1013
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FireCrow1013, Oct 16, 2020

2. Can't remove paired bluetooth devices in Windows 10

I made an account here just to thank you for this solution. I spent hours trying to remove a paired bluetooth controller from my machine from the bluetooth menu, device manager, even using third party programs. Every time I would go to pair the controller again the system would re-install the driver as soon as the controller went to pairing mode, but it wouldn't actually pair!

Removing it this way made it instantly show up in my pairing list and it works perfectly. I was about to reinstall Windows I was so frustrated.

Thank you!!!! You're my internet hero of the day.

five5fifty5, Oct 16, 2020
  3. kakahoho Win User
    Can't remove paired bluetooth devices in Windows 10

Hi, I have a problem with bluetooth in Windows 10.
    I can't remove bluetooth devices to re-pair them. I tried add bluetooth manual but can't found my devices.
    In Bluetooth setting, none of them appear but I can see them in Devices Manager, like images below.

Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed" [​IMG]

Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed" [​IMG]

I tried uninstall one-by-one devices and re-install bluetooth driver but they keep re-appearing after refresh Devices Manager windows.
    If anyone how to fix this problem, please help me.
    Thanks.

kakahoho, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed"

Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

Thema:

Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed"

1. Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed" - Similar Threads - Can't remove paired

2. how to remove a bluetooth-paired device? someone paired a device to my pc but i can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a bluetooth-paired device? someone paired a device to my pc but i can't...: someone paired a device to my pc under bluetooth settings. my efforts to unpair it always fail. i am afraid my privacy is infringed. how can i remove it?...
  3. how to remove a bluetooth-paired device? someone paired a device to my pc but i can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a bluetooth-paired device? someone paired a device to my pc but i can't...: someone paired a device to my pc under bluetooth settings. my efforts to unpair it always fail. i am afraid my privacy is infringed. how can i remove it?...
  4. Can't Remove Paired Bluetooth Device in Any Way Whatsoever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove Paired Bluetooth Device in Any Way Whatsoever: I purchased a USB dongle listed as BCM2046B1 in system settings a few days ago for my Windows 10 system. It worked fine without any issues aside from one instance where my Bluetooth keyboard got disconnected. I had to simply remove it from my Devices in Settings and reconnect...
  5. Can't Remove Paired Bluetooth Device in Any Way Whatsoever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Paired Bluetooth Device in Any Way Whatsoever: I purchased a USB dongle listed as BCM2046B1 in system settings a few days ago for my Windows 10 system. It worked fine without any issues aside from one instance where my Bluetooth keyboard got disconnected. I had to simply remove it from my Devices in Settings and reconnect...
  6. Bluetooth device failed to remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device failed to remove: I am having an issue with removing my Xbox One controller from Windows 10 under bluetooth settings. I was having an unrelated issue I was trying to resolve and I used a USB bluetooth adapter that came from my desktop to see if it was my laptop's bluetooth device that was...
  7. Bluetooth device remove failed

Bluetooth device remove failed: I have kensington Slimblade mouse. It used to quit and I would remove and reinstall. Now it says "remove failed"?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-remove-failed/a479b8c7-cad7-4c79-9ac4-e34d82d5e298
  8. Can't remove my paired Bluetooth devices in Windows 10

Can't remove my paired Bluetooth devices in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hey, I usually connect my Xbox One controller via Bluetooth to my PC but lately I haven't been able to, so I tried to unpair it and then pair it again with the PC but I can't coz every time I try to unpair it I get the error the shown in the pic and I have also...
  9. Can't remove paired bluetooth devices in Windows 10

Can't remove paired bluetooth devices in Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with bluetooth in Windows 10. I can't remove bluetooth devices to re-pair them. I tried add bluetooth manual but can't found my devices. In Bluetooth setting, none of them appear but I can see them in Devices Manager, like images below. [img] [img] I...
  10. Bluetooth device can't be removed

Bluetooth device can't be removed: Hey, I connected my bluetooth speaker today to my laptop to test if it worked: Acer Aspire 5742ZG It worked until today I wanted to remove the device. I'm unable to disconnect/remove it. It show's up in Devices and printers. Why I want to remove it is because I want to...