Windows 10: Can't Remove App from Windows Security

Discus and support Can't Remove App from Windows Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The Windows Security icon in my system tray has a little yellow exclamation mark in its lower right corner. When I click, it brings up "Protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by I Used to Be RJB, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Can't Remove App from Windows Security

The Windows Security icon in my system tray has a little yellow exclamation mark in its lower right corner.

When I click, it brings up "Protection History", which is automatically Filtered by "Blocked Items".

It shows a "Potentially unwanted app found".

I have tried to use the "Actions" button to Remove it and Quarantine it, but it still appears.

It shows a timestamp of two weeks ago.

It's an app that I uninstalled from my computer I would have thought more than two weeks ago, but....

Also, the file that it is pointing to is no longer on my hard drive.

Yet I can't make it go away.

I tried running a full scan again, including the WD Offline Scan. Nothing.

Help, please.

:)

I Used to Be RJB, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't Remove App from Windows Security :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Can't Remove App from Windows Security

Jsssssssss, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't Remove App from Windows Security

1. Can't Remove App from Windows Security - Similar Threads - Can't Remove App

2. Can't remove security key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't remove security key: Hi Microsoft Team I have been getting in my PC after boot up or trying to unlock it that primary sign in option is Security KeyI have never used or set up this as I only use traditional password.I have been unable to remove this option from the Sign in Options and no idea why...
  3. Can't remove security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove security key: Hi Microsoft Team I have been getting in my PC after boot up or trying to unlock it that primary sign in option is Security KeyI have never used or set up this as I only use traditional password.I have been unable to remove this option from the Sign in Options and no idea why...
  4. Can't remove security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't remove windows security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove windows security key: I never set it up and I don't have a key. I can't sign in to any accounts since it always pops open the "need security key." No I can't just turn it off since managing the security key in sign-in options require a security key.Is there any way to remove this short of factory...
  6. Can't remove windows security key

Can't remove windows security key: I never set it up and I don't have a key. I can't sign in to any accounts since it always pops open the "need security key." No I can't just turn it off since managing the security key in sign-in options require a security key.Is there any way to remove this short of factory...
  7. Can't remove windows security key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Can't remove security key

Can't remove security key: Hello, when I signed into a Microsoft site today a popup asking for my Windows Hello pin wich is fine. Biut under the pin option is, "use secure key" when i select it, it asks me to insert said usb key... I do not have one or have never set one up. On windows 10 in...
  9. Cannot Remove Program:Win32/Contebrew.A!ml" from Windows security app

Cannot Remove Program:Win32/Contebrew.A!ml" from Windows security app: I'm trying to remove this file because the security app says its potentially unwanted software but every time I try to remove it nothing happens. [ATTACH]...
  10. Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu

Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu: Hi I have just updated to Win10 and wanted to get my laptop to a more Win7 look. I followed a tutorial on how to remove the 'app tiles from the start menu.....(right click -> unpin) but the apps don't remove. I have tried restarting the laptop and then the apps were removed...