Windows 10: Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu

Discus and support Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have just updated to Win10 and wanted to get my laptop to a more Win7 look. I followed a tutorial on how to remove the 'app tiles from the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alig301, Sep 4, 2015.

1. alig301 Win User

Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu

Hi I have just updated to Win10 and wanted to get my laptop to a more Win7 look. I followed a tutorial on how to remove the 'app tiles from the start menu.....(right click -> unpin) but the apps don't remove. I have tried restarting the laptop and then the apps were removed but other apps have appeared. Any idea anyone how to resolve this.

thanks in advance.
    Best wishes Al

:)

alig301, Sep 4, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User
    neilpzz, Sep 4, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Remove apps from start menu

You can remove the Tile from the Start menu (right click the tile) but there is no option to remove it from the program list.

neilpzz, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Al, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Since you are wanting it to look more like Windows 7, you might see how using the free program Classic Shell may work for you. It'll have your Start menu look just like it did in Windows 7.

Brink, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Hi!

To remove the Metro Apps you can use DestroyWindowsSpying Build ..342. But it is not reversible.
    And with Classic Shell postet by Brink you Change only the Look. Nothing is deleted.

Cluster Head, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 4, 2015
  7. alig301 Win User
    Hi again thanks for the info. I installed Classic shell. How do I populate the menu on the left as shown in the win7 style. Please see screen shots below....

Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu [​IMG]

I have to click the all programs to get the menu to populate. I have also attched screenshots of the current settings.

thanks
    Al

alig301, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu - Similar Threads - Can't Remove Apps

2. Uninstalled Windows App icons on the Start Menu can't be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Windows App icons on the Start Menu can't be removed: Hi, I recently uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud but after uninstalling everything the icon for Notification Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud is still in the start menu ist and cannot be removed. Clicking ot that icons sends me to the Windows App store. The app is not in the...
  3. Can't remove UWP App from Start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove UWP App from Start menu: I have Ubuntu 20.04 installed from the Microsoft store and whenever I uninstall it, it stays in my apps list in my start menu. I want it to just go away, how can i remove it? (I just want the shortcut gone even if im not removing the ubuntu files its fine.) submitted by...
  4. Remove Windows App from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Windows App from Start Menu: Hi, I would like to remove a Windows UWP app (an app installed from the Microsoft Store) from the Start Menu. How can I make It? submitted by /u/Imart_Cat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnk2v8/remove_windows_app_from_start_menu/
  5. Can't remove Bing from Start Menu Search

in Cortana
    Can't remove Bing from Start Menu Search: I used to be able to do a registry edit and it would remove Bing search results from start menu searches. Being able to search for files locally on my computer being dependent on Microsoft servers is obnoxious so I want it completely disabled. Have they changed how to do it?...
  6. Remove apps and items from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  7. Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed

Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed: Hi there, I have two entries in my Start Menu that can't be removed. Both the programs have been uninstalled from my computer, but their entries are still there. I tried: Going to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs to remove them there, but they aren't...
  8. Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu

Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu: My laptop with Windows 10 came with some apps already in the start menu (Candy Crush Saga, Cooking Fever). I tried right clicking on them, but there was no way to uninstall. The apps don't show up in the list of apps in settings. The apps also don't show up in powershell,...
  9. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  10. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have apps in the start menu which cant be deleted

2. preinstalled apps can be uninstalled using the context menu on the start Menu or in the app itself

3. Cooking fever app in the start menu no files locations nothing

4. cant delete app from start menu in windows,
  5. cant uninstall apps from start menu,
  6. i dont want the cooking fever app in my start menu,
  7. cant delete app in start menu ,
  8. uninstalled cooking fever and it is still on the start menu,
  9. cant uninstall app on start menu,
  10. cant remove apps from start