Windows 10: Can't remove child from Family group

Discus and support Can't remove child from Family group in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidAtkins6, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Can't remove child from Family group

Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent to remove xxxx from the family group.". However, the Family Group main page lists me as the Family Organiser!Any ideas?Thanks in advance!

:)

DavidAtkins6, Dec 28, 2021

2. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Microsoft Family group.

Usually, when you add a Child account to Family group, the child account will not be able to remove themselves from the Family. Only the Adult account can remove the Child account from the family.

One of the possibilities that I can think of is that the Child account was added as an Adult account by mistake and that could be the reason your Child was able to remove him/her from the Family.

I would suggest you to try adding the Child account once again to the Family Group and see if the Child has an option to quit the Family group. Refer the article

Add members to your family group

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 28, 2021
  3. CTib Win User
    Child can remove himself from our Family Group

How can I prevent my son from removing himself from the Family Group? I've read the threads on this topic but can't find any that say how to block it. He doesn't have the password. He is listed as a "child". Yet he can still go into this and just click
    "Remove from Family Group". What do I do to prevent this?

4. Can't remove child from Family group

Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Can't remove child from Family group

1. Can't remove child from Family group - Similar Threads - Can't remove child

2. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  3. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  4. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  5. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  6. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  8. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  9. Can't remove child from Family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...
  10. Can't remove child from Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...