Windows 10: Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11

Discus and support Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I'm having a problem with my "open with" list on my Windows 11 laptop. I have a program I like to use let's call its executable file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carl-Pierry Charles, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11

Hello,I'm having a problem with my "open with" list on my Windows 11 laptop. I have a program I like to use let's call its executable file "program.exe" that's located in "C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\program". I recently downloaded an updated version of the same program with the same executable file name as before, only it's located in a new folder called "C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\program2". I used to open files .bin, .rar with the old "program.exe" from the "open with" list, and now I want to open them with the updated one of the same name, so I deleted the old version in favor o

:)

Carl-Pierry Charles, Feb 21, 2024

2. Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Looks to me that you POSSIBLY have registry corruption in this section of the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

*Frown Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11 :(

* That's where the "Add/Remove Programs" lists are coming from...

APK

P.S.=> Taking a peek in there @ some of the entries MAY lend you a hand here (or not), but do take a squint @ that section, as you may find out what exactly is causing your inability for that list to populate for you, properly, quite possibly... Good luck! apk

Alec§taar, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11

Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 Diagram 'A' shows Windows' suggested programs Diagram 'B' shows the extended list I have been trying to edit the context menu's "Open with" list of Windows' suggested programs for the .mp3 extension. I'm not talking about the extended list, but rather the programs that first appear 'before' the "choose another app" option. If you look at Diagram 'A' you will see the preliminary list generated by Windows, this is the list I am looking to modify. I have an .mp3 editor named Goldwave that I use for editing audio files, however, I do not want to change the preliminary program Windows uses to open .mp3s. My .mp3s should remain assigned to Winamp Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11 377543d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-.png

Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11 377544d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-b.png

Bandit012345, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11

1. Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Can't remove copy

2. Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove copy of program in "open with" list in Windows 11: Hello,I'm having a problem with my "open with" list on my Windows 11 laptop. I have a program I like to use let's call its executable file "program.exe" that's located in "C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\program". I recently downloaded an updated version of the same program...
  3. Can't open "Add or remove programs" window. SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open "Add or remove programs" window. SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll crashes: I can't open the "Add or remove programs" window. If I try to open it from the Start menu or Settings, a blank window opens for about 3 seconds and then closes. Event Viewer is indicating an issue with the Immersive Control Panel SettingsHandlers_StorageSense.dll. This only...
  4. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  5. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  6. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i can't open my msstore and all program list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i can't open my msstore and all program list: Since yesterday i can't open my microsoft store to update any apps or to install any apps. The same is with the window button. Even if i click on window icon or press it from my keyboard, it doesn't show the all program list....
  8. want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program: while I was installing and uninstalling camtasia software there was a problem that prevents me from uninstalling first the program. then remove it and when i want to setup it again, error code 350...
  9. Remove "Other Options" entry from "Open With" program list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove "Other Options" entry from "Open With" program list: Hi at all! Does someone know how to remove this entry? [img] Thanks in advance! 123520
  10. Remove program from Firewall list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove program from Firewall list: Hello, Recently uninstalled some program, it is still in the firewall programs list. I deleted the "V" from the box by clicking on 'change settings' but it comes back. How to remove it from the list ? Answers will be appreciated. 99965