Windows 10: Cant remove corrupted email address

Discus and support Cant remove corrupted email address in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI have a Microsoft Account but when I try to login I am presented with a corrupted email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidEgray, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Cant remove corrupted email address

HiI have a Microsoft Account but when I try to login I am presented with a corrupted email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have tried for a number of hours to resolve this with Microsoft support to no avail. Can anyone help pleaseRegardsDavid

:)

DavidEgray, Dec 29, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 29, 2021
  3. How can an incorrect email address be removed from "suggested" list?

When addressing an email, a list of suggested complete-address choices begins to appear as soon as start typing. I had sent an improperly addressed email and now this bad address shows up as a choice on the suggested list w/out any apparent means of deletion.
    Even going back and deleting the original mis-addressed email from the Sent folder did not make it go away. Also tried the "reset suggestions" option under settings>keyboard>advanced but to no avail.

In Outlook, which similarly makes suggestions, one can use the arrow keys to move down to highlight the bad address and kill it with the delete key.

It would be a bad miss if cannot remove improper addresses from suggestions list - these can accumulate fast.

Sola Stella, Dec 29, 2021
  4. Cant remove corrupted email address

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Why has *** Email address is removed for privacy *** appeared at the top of my email address list?

This has taken over from my other email address and I may have sent emails to engage windows instead of my personal email address, because engage windows has suddenly appeared at the top of my address list.

Why has this list changed anyway?

WilliamTodd4, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

Cant remove corrupted email address

1. Cant remove corrupted email address - Similar Threads - Cant remove corrupted

2. Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: HiIs this a legit email address? I received a message from my e-commerce customer that someone complained about us selling non-genuine windows 10 software which is incorrect. We couldn't get the genuine software since Dec/2022 and we been selling recovery...
  3. Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: HiIs this a legit email address? I received a message from my e-commerce customer that someone complained about us selling non-genuine windows 10 software which is incorrect. We couldn't get the genuine software since Dec/2022 and we been selling recovery...
  4. Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Is this a legit email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cant remove corrupted email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant remove corrupted email address: HiI have a Microsoft Account but when I try to login I am presented with a corrupted email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have tried for a number of hours to resolve this with Microsoft support...
  7. Logon *** Email address is removed for privacy *** changed to *** Email address is removed...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logon *** Email address is removed for privacy *** changed to *** Email address is removed...: I just upgraded my windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. My logon for home was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. After the upgrade the logon screen is presenting me with *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i.e. they truncated the "m" in com. This logon...
  8. Is this email address legit *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this email address legit *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Is this email address legit *** Email address is removed for privacy ***? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-email-address-legit/e9550796-e366-41b7-9f60-0dbb9162c566
  9. Is email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address?: Is the email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address? Please don't guess. I want solid answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-email-a-scam-address/40d3a792-6757-45ed-8712-9892f51f6479"
  10. remove email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove email address: how do i remove an old email address from my previous employer. i dont have access since im no longer working there and don't remember the password Moved from: Microsoft Education /Windows 10 /Windows Hello, lock screen, & sign-in...