Windows 10: Can't remove/delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (D:)

Discus and support Can't remove/delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (D:) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've encountered an issue where I'm trying to delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (a.k.a D: (not the system disk)) I've checked so no pagefile, crashdump,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nemesis77, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Nemesis77 Win User

Can't remove/delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (D:)

I've encountered an issue where I'm trying to delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (a.k.a D: (not the system disk))

I've checked so no pagefile, crashdump, hibernation file, are located there.

I've also checked that the system protection on that drive is disabled.

I've tried to use diskpart override(see screenshot)
    Disk manager didn't work either.. (delete not available)

Now to the big issue, the computer is over 160km from me, so this need to solved without direct access to the machine
    (I'm using vnc), (computer is placed at parents house, and they are not so technical.)

Anyone got any suggestions?

:)

Nemesis77, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Nemesis77 Win User

Can't remove/delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (DCan't remove/delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (D:) :)

I've encountered an issue where I'm trying to delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (a.k.a D: (not the system disk))

I've checked so no pagefile, crashdump, hibernation file, are located there.

I've also checked that the system protection on that drive is disabled.

I've tried to use diskpart override(see screenshot)
    Disk manager didn't work either.. (delete not available)

Now to the big issue, the computer is over 160km from me, so this need to solved without direct access to the machine
    (I'm using vnc), (computer is placed at parents house, and they are not so technical.)

Anyone got any suggestions?

Nemesis77, Jan 12, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Jan 12, 2020
  4. VBX
    vbx Win User

Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

Thema:

1. Can't remove/delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (D:) - Similar Threads - Can't remove delete

2. I can't delete EFI partition from my D disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete EFI partition from my D disk: recently I created a 100 GB partition in my D drive and installed Ubuntu on it. now I have deleted Ubuntu and want to merge the 100 GB with my remaining drive. but i can't do it because there is an EFI partition between them. i tried removing it from diskpart with delete...
  3. I can't delete EFI partition from my D disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete EFI partition from my D disk: recently I created a 100 GB partition in my D drive and installed Ubuntu on it. now I have deleted Ubuntu and want to merge the 100 GB with my remaining drive. but i can't do it because there is an EFI partition between them. i tried removing it from diskpart with delete...
  4. Deleting a 'D' partition on windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a 'D' partition on windows 8.1: I have Windows 8.1 a 'C' Drive on SSD and a 'D' partition. How can I delete the 'D' partition so I can extend the 'C' changing the 'D' partition to a none page file does not work ie in system settings it won't stop the 'D' partition containing a page file. I have tried...
  5. Deleting a 'D' partition on windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a 'D' partition on windows 8.1: I have Windows 8.1 a 'C' Drive on SSD and a 'D' partition. How can I delete the 'D' partition so I can extend the 'C' changing the 'D' partition to a none page file does not work ie in system settings it won't stop the 'D' partition containing a page file. I have tried...
  6. can't delete a partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete a partition: hi there, recently I was cleaning out a drive since I wanted to install a fresh copy of windows onto it, however the drive itself had many partitions on it as previously it was used just for storage, not a problem I thought as I deleted them all one by one (of course backing...
  7. Delete a duplicate Drive D partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a duplicate Drive D partition: How do I delete a duplicate Drive D partition. In file explorer, two Drive D folders appear. One has a down arrow on the drive D icon. Ther other has a music note icon next to the Drive D. Opening either one displays the same content. DIsk manager shows only on drive D....
  8. Can't delete or format partitions (Surface Book 2)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't delete or format partitions (Surface Book 2): So two days ago, I turned on my computer and it does not boot. I get a windows failed to start error 0xc0000102 [ATTACH] So I then attempt to install windows from my USB. I put the windows recovery tool on my usb and try to load windows 10 on to my surface book 2 I go...
  9. can't delete partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can't delete partition: I am in Computer Management. I am the owner of the volume, there is no sharing, the partition is empty, but "access is denied", and I can't delete it. I tried reformatting, it did not solve the problem. I also tried stopping the reformat in the middle, so it shows as raw...
  10. Removal of D: partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removal of D: partition: Hi I have upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Premium Home (64bit). I now have a partition 'Recovery D' that contains the data to reinstall Windows 7 OS and all HP supplied software(Back to factory). Is it safe to remove the partition and free up space on the C drive...