Windows 10: Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

Discus and support Can't remove device on Microsoft account !! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Please help me I can't remove a device from Microsoft account, followed the right steps but doesn't work ?The computer I want to remove isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thaer Mohammed, May 17, 2022.

1. Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

Hello, Please help me I can't remove a device from Microsoft account, followed the right steps but doesn't work ?The computer I want to remove isn't mine it's strange and I don't have it, don't know which windows system installed on it, I have no idea how it's added to my account that's why I have concerns if someone tracking me with it , I don't know either why Microsoft can't remove it ?! I tried this way many times not working see images below and thanks in advance

:)

Thaer Mohammed, May 17, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 17, 2022
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 17, 2022
  4. Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

Device still listed under Microsoft account after removing it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing a device from your Microsoft account.

As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from the Microsoft account, it could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your
    profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

You can refer the screenshot for more help.

Can't remove device on Microsoft account !! bbe6ee24-2440-414a-9613-071e63f8609a?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

1. Can't remove device on Microsoft account !! - Similar Threads - Can't remove device

2. Can't Remove Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Microsoft Account: I have a work account installed on my computer. Now that I don't work there anymore, I want to remove it. I tried following the instructions to remove an account. I went to Settings > Accounts > Email and Accounts. I'm supposed to be able to select the account I want to...
  3. Can't Remove Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Remove Microsoft Account: I have a work laptop just has a local account. Somehow my son's gaming account got associated with it. Now all this family settings stuff keeps popping up, and I want it all removed. In the email & accounts, there's my work account which is fine and my son's account, and all...
  4. Can't Remove Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove Microsoft Account: I have a work laptop just has a local account. Somehow my son's gaming account got associated with it. Now all this family settings stuff keeps popping up, and I want it all removed. In the email & accounts, there's my work account which is fine and my son's account, and all...
  5. Can't Remove Microsoft Account

6. Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!: Hello, Please help me I can't remove a device from Microsoft account, followed the right steps but doesn't work ?The computer I want to remove isn't mine it's strange and I don't have it, don't know which windows system installed on it, I have no idea how it's added to my...
  7. Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!: Hello, Please help me I can't remove a device from Microsoft account, followed the right steps but doesn't work ?The computer I want to remove isn't mine it's strange and I don't have it, don't know which windows system installed on it, I have no idea how it's added to my...
  8. Can't remove a Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't remove a Microsoft Account: I have my Microsoft account as administrator on this computer and my brother needed to sign in to do some work. Now I want to change my pin but it says the computer's Institution the school from where his account is doesn't allow me to change the pin on my computer. I tryed...
  9. Microsoft Account - remove a device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - remove a device: Hi, I'm trying to remove a device from my Microsoft account and it isn't working. I log in, go to Devices -> Manage -> More actions -> remove, then click the checkbox in the dialog box and hit remove. Then it says the device has been removed, but when I refresh the devices...
  10. Microsoft Account - Remove Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Account - Remove Devices: How to: Microsoft Account - Remove Devices How to Remove Devices from your Microsoft Account A Microsoft account is what you use to sign in to Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your...