Windows 10: cant remove english cms from windows 10

Discus and support cant remove english cms from windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; cant remove english cms from windows 10 114174 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alice1934, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Alice1934 Win User

cant remove english cms from windows 10

:)

Alice1934, Jul 16, 2018
  2. PM_594 Win User

How to remove ENG (CMS) keyboard layout

Thank you for the suggestion. This is similar to all forum posts on this topic. The problem is in Windows 10, the keyboard listing shows something like:

1) English (United States)

US Keyboard

2) English (Canada)

CMS Canadian Multilingual Standard

3) English (Canada)

US Keyboard

It is possible to go into Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language and add or remove English (Canada) and option 3 will appear or disappear from the tray. It is also possible to add or remove input settings for CMS Canadian Multilingual Standard
    for English (Canada) within the control panel and from settings. However, option 2 never gets removed from the tray at the bottom of the screen. Even with option 1 set as the default Windows keeps switching to option 2.

PM_594, Jul 16, 2018
  3. How to remove ENG (CMS) keyboard layout

I found a simpler solution than what was provided by Microsoft (not a big surprise there).

• Open Settings.
    • Click "Time & Language"
    • Click "Region & Language"
    • Click "English Canada", then "Options"
    • Click "CMS" then "Remove"

It's a shame Microsoft employees don't know their operating systems as well as their users.

AlexGabriel1977, Jul 16, 2018
  4. cant remove english cms from windows 10

how to remove English(Malaysia)?

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. cant remove english cms from windows 10 - Similar Threads - cant remove english

2. SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows: I have gotten an SSD a while back and now I decided I want to install windows on it as my HDD is getting very slow.I have a TUF gaming b360m-plus gaming s motherboard and a pretty up to date bios version.I can install windows on the SSD but I cannot boot off of it as it does...
  3. SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows: I have gotten an SSD a while back and now I decided I want to install windows on it as my HDD is getting very slow.I have a TUF gaming b360m-plus gaming s motherboard and a pretty up to date bios version.I can install windows on the SSD but I cannot boot off of it as it does...
  4. SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to remove US keyboard from English version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to remove US keyboard from English version of Windows?: [ATTACH] I want to have windows in English version, but i dont want the US/English windows keyboard as a choise in the language bar. Swedish and norweigian keyboard are added so the US/English is just in the way for me? How can I remove that and still be able to switch...
  6. Remove International English Layout from layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove International English Layout from layouts: Hello. I know it's been asked multiple times, but in my case I don't have the international English layout in layouts. I, instead, have a Russian and a English US layouts: [ATTACH] While I have this at the selections of layouts: [ATTACH] How do I remove it? I need the...
  7. How to remove UK English from windows 10?

How to remove UK English from windows 10?: How to remove Uk english from my language list as image 1, I can't get it on the language control panel like windows xp? for me, it doesn't matter what English I use, but I it's default as UK English and when it's UK English gives me " shift +2 " gives me " and "shift +'"...
  8. Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Language removal,cant remove for some reason the english uk language from my pc: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PHDIKOULAS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7sikj/help_with_language_removalcant_remove_for_some/
  9. How to remove ENG CMS

How to remove ENG CMS: Hi, My PC is set for two languages: ENG (US) using US QWERTY layout and Canadian French using Canadian French QWERTY layout. When I wish to change language using ALT + SHIFT, it switches between ENG CMS, FRA and ENG. How ca I remove ENG CMS so I don't have to enter ALT...
  10. Cant change language to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change language to english: Hello my friend I bought a new laptop here in japan But Cant change my language to english Also cant download language pack Pls need help,, 43090

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove windows cms

2. remove english cms