Windows 10: Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu

Discus and support Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there As you can see on this screenshot, my Windows 10 currently has 4 keyboards installed: french, japanese, english UK and english US. What I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhoenixLight, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu

Hi there

As you can see on this screenshot, my Windows 10 currently has 4 keyboards installed: french, japanese, english UK and english US. What I want is remove the two english keyboards. However, as you can seehere in the red rectangle, my Language menu has only two preferred languages selected: french and japanese, so I don't know why the english keyboards are still there and I have no idea how to remove them.

:)

PhoenixLight, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Lekden Win User

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Can I keep the Windows system in English but the keyboard in a different language?

Since it didn't work, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Go to the Region & language tab.
    • Click on English (United States).
    • Click on Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard.
    • Choose Icelandic.
    • Click on US.
    • Select Remove.

The steps above will let you add a keyboard for Icelandic.

Once done, kindly check if you can now type using the language that you want.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Charianne Per, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu

Keyboard in input field problem (not english nor french)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the keyboard language. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer\keyboard?

2. Have you tried connecting other keyboards and check if the issue persists?

I suggest you to remove the other keyboard languages apart from English Language
    and check if the issue still persists.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Windows + X and then select Control Panel
    • Select Languages.
    • In Keyboard layout select the language.
    • Select the other languages apart from the English language in the input method and then select Remove.
    Please reply us back if the issue still persists. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu

1. Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu - Similar Threads - Can't remove english

2. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  3. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  4. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  5. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  6. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted English Language Keyboard: I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with...
  7. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

Unwanted English Language Keyboard: I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with...
  8. Can't remove keyboard languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove keyboard languages: Why do I see three English keyboards where I know I only installed one English keyboard? I need English (Australia) and Hebrew, but for some reason I have more than one English keyboard and I can't seem to find how to remove unneeded keyboard languages. 182828
  9. Can't remove English United Kingdom from my keyboard languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove English United Kingdom from my keyboard languages: [ATTACH] How can I remove the English United Kingdom from my keyboard languages? I know it's settings>time & language>language and then what? I can't find any button that says English United Kingdom with a "Delete" button underneath it. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] note: the...
  10. Can't remove UK English language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove UK English language: I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it? PowerShell doesn't find UK English [ATTACH]...