Windows 10: Can't remove family members from family group

Discus and support Can't remove family members from family group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dracolytch, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Can't remove family members from family group

Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted [Member] consent to remove [Member] from the family group."I am the person who added this member to the group. I even checked on their profile, and it says I'm the organizer. Why can't I edit/remove this account?~D

:)

Dracolytch, Jun 19, 2022

2. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Jun 19, 2022
  3. JeCha03 Win User
    Remove Adult Family Member

Hi, TeenaKnuth.

I'm Jen, an Independent Advisor and a Windows 10 user just like you.

I manage my family group by signing into family.microsoft.com then on Family tab, select the member you want to manage or remove. Click More option drop-down menu and select Remove from family group to remove an adult.

If you're removing from Windows 10, go to Settings > Family & other users > then click on Manage Family settings online and it will take you to Microsoft Family (if you are signed in). From there you can click the Remove from family link. Once its done, you
    should receive a notification that a family member has been removed.

Its a good practice as well to always make sure that you are signed in to the correct Microsoft account to avoid issues.

Hope this helps.

JeCha03, Jun 19, 2022
  4. PP16 Win User

Can't remove family members from family group

someone has added to family members group and I cant remove

Someone has added to family members group and I can't remove - not someone i recognise or have tried to add myself. I go to remove member but it asks to change consent which it wont let me as they seem to be listed as a child.

I follow the steps to page and get this message..

Manage permissions

In the United States, South Korea and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online account. You can use this page to manage the child accounts for which you provided consent. Learn
    more

To manage restrictions for your children, view your family settings.

Then once I click on the above it takes me back to the overall settings page.

Thema:

Can't remove family members from family group

1. Can't remove family members from family group - Similar Threads - Can't remove family

2. Can't remove family members from family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  3. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  4. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED: So I am trying to remove a user on my account who is set up as a family member. I've read through forums and they all have the same answer. To log into microsoft online, and navigate to the family member you're trying to remove , and remove them.In my settings, it shows him...
  6. FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED

FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED: So I am trying to remove a user on my account who is set up as a family member. I've read through forums and they all have the same answer. To log into microsoft online, and navigate to the family member you're trying to remove , and remove them.In my settings, it shows him...
  7. FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Removing members from family

Removing members from family: I recently tried to remove a member from my family and it does not work. I tried removing it from both accounts in the family. both accounts say, "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ben...
  9. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Can't remove family members from family group