Windows 10: Can't remove folder even though I am the owner of it?

Discus and support Can't remove folder even though I am the owner of it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to delete Riot Games from my computer but it wont let me even though I have taken ownership of the file.. It says that I need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoarMagic, Jun 25, 2017.

1. JoarMagic Win User

Can't remove folder even though I am the owner of it?

Hi I am trying to delete Riot Games from my computer but it wont let me even though I have taken ownership of the file.. It says that I need authorization from the user im currently logged into to make changes to the folder? :/

:)

JoarMagic, Jun 25, 2017

2. Change from local account to Microsoft account permission issues

So this fix did absolutely nothing. I've realized I can't even add anything to the Start Menu now, because I'm locked out, and even though it SAYS I'm already the owner of the folder, I can't change anything about it.

ChrisRevocateur, Jun 25, 2017
  3. Aceticke Win User
    A Weird Software Problem

I couldn't uninstall a program I wanted to install because it said I had no rights to do that even though I am the owner and admin of the laptop I'm using which is an: HP Pavilion g6-1337 running Windows 10. I have
    removed the programs folder in C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/. But it seems that Windows still thinks it's installed even though it's showing a blank icon on the uninstall menu with just the name of the program.

Aceticke, Jun 25, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You need to take ownership and grant yourself authority - it is a 2 stage process. You can have ownership of a file but not have permission to modify it/delete it. Taking ownership doesn't automatically grant permissions.

As you have taken ownership aready go back into the folder, right click > properties > permissions and on the security tab add your user if it is not there and give it full control.

5. JoarMagic Win User
    my user is there and have full control *Confused

JoarMagic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't remove folder even though I am the owner of it? - Similar Threads - Can't remove folder

2. i cant enable phone link due to organization even though i am the owner of the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant enable phone link due to organization even though i am the owner of the pc: hello!i am having some trouble today because my device says it's under an organization even though I am the full owner of my device and now I can't enable phone link because of the organization. i have full access to the rest of my pc execpt these settings for some reason. i...
  3. I can't take the full control even though I'm the owner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't take the full control even though I'm the owner: I'm the only user of my pc win10 and the admin surely. The problem is I can neither delete program files nor make any changes. I've been struggling with it for a long time. I double checked the owner on properties>security>advanced but still can't do anything and there are...
  4. I can't take the full control even though I'm the owner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't take the full control even though I'm the owner: I'm the only user of my pc win10 and the admin surely. The problem is I can neither delete program files nor make any changes. I've been struggling with it for a long time. I double checked the owner on properties>security>advanced but still can't do anything and there are...
  5. I can't take the full control even though I'm the owner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I can't remove an account even though I am the only adult on the family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove an account even though I am the only adult on the family account.: As the title states, I cannot remove a kid's account.The password for the account is forgotten, so I'd like to create a new one and remove this one, but it says I am not the admin that added the acount. I am the only adult account on the family account, so I'd like to remove...
  7. I can't remove an account even though I am the only adult on the family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove an account even though I am the only adult on the family account.: As the title states, I cannot remove a kid's account.The password for the account is forgotten, so I'd like to create a new one and remove this one, but it says I am not the admin that added the acount. I am the only adult account on the family account, so I'd like to remove...
  8. I can't remove an account even though I am the only adult on the family account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. The system informs me to obtain permissions from the owner even though I am logged in as owner.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The system informs me to obtain permissions from the owner even though I am logged in as owner.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leslawangelo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idtyh8/the_system_informs_me_to_obtain_permissions_from/
  10. Access issues (EVEN THOUGH I'M THE OWNER...)

in Windows 10 Support
    Access issues (EVEN THOUGH I'M THE OWNER...): I'm beyond frustrated with this crap. But here it goes. I'm TRYING to delete my steam directory on my games partition on my SSD because it's not working properly and I want to just delete it and start fresh (since the only game in it is fallout 4). When I try to delete it,...