Windows 10: Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

Discus and support Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello ! When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tiku, Oct 13, 2015.

1. tiku Win User

Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

Hello !
    When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path:
    But on windows 10 there's no a such path.

( I don't want to disable , but to completely remove from Task Manager - Startup )

How can I do it?

Thank you !

:)

2. solved but complex - on task manager > startup - stop/remove items from showing (not just disable)

solved but complex - on task manager > startup - stop/remove items from showing (not just disable)

macos best, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Why it takes more time to start PC after installing Windows Anniversary Update

Booting time is generally affected by the startup items. Open Task Manager>Startup tab and disable any unnecessary items. and if you can't decide, please share a screenshot.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 13, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

One way is to install CCleaner then use it's Tools/Startup to disable or delete entries.

During installation, uncheck the option to install the Yahoo toolbar or any other scumware.

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    I like that word "scumware" must put it in my dictionary. It is exact description of SW like that.

CountMike, Oct 13, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 13, 2015
  7. ambimom Win User
    get autoruns from sysinternals....

ambimom, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup - Similar Threads - Can't remove items

2. How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?: Whenever I start my laptop, it automatically startups irrelevant temp files. Many file explorer tabs and notepad files are opened repeatedly.These corrupted files are located in the temp folder. I have deleted these files. I also fully scan the laptop to remove any virus. But...
  3. How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?: Whenever I start my laptop, it automatically startups irrelevant temp files. Many file explorer tabs and notepad files are opened repeatedly.These corrupted files are located in the temp folder. I have deleted these files. I also fully scan the laptop to remove any virus. But...
  4. How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager: [ATTACH]If Startup apps are not appearing in the Task Manager & you see a message There are no startup items to display then this post is sure to help you. This issue can occur if the Startup folder or the Common Startup folder, which are Windows OS folders, have got...
  6. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  7. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  8. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  9. Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager?: I had installed Thunderbird and added it to my startup items, but it wasn't working out. I now have an empty icon in the Task Manager and would like to remove it. Would anyone know how please? [img] 122769
  10. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regedit startup programs

2. shell:startup