Windows 10: Can't remove keyboard layout - no such option in control panel or settings

Discus and support Can't remove keyboard layout - no such option in control panel or settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed Office 2016 Home and Student and it added two new keyboard layouts - English UK and English International in addition to my existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aweorit, Sep 23, 2018.

1. aweorit Win User

Can't remove keyboard layout - no such option in control panel or settings

I have installed Office 2016 Home and Student and it added two new keyboard layouts - English UK and English International in addition to my existing other layouts (English US and another language). I'm trying to get rid of these new keyboard layouts but I absolutely cannot find an option to remove them ANYWHERE - not in Control Panel, not in Settings.

I have no "languages" section in Control panel, no "choose your langauge preferences" or whatever. In the new Settings thing these new languages are not shown in the list of languages, I can't remove them.

How the hell can I remove these? And why did Office add them in the first place?

:)

aweorit, Sep 23, 2018

2. how to remove keyboard layout on Windows 10?

Hi Eric,

We regret the inconvenience caused.

The above issue might occur due to the following reasons:

• Country & Region settings not enabling you to delete the keyboard language set on the PC.
    • Not choosing appropriate default keyboard layout.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you try removing the keyboard layouts from Settings page?
    • If yes, does the issue persists even after removing the keyboard layout?

By removing the Keyboard layout from system Settings page, the language will be removed from the PC. However, if needed, you can download the same from system
    Settings page and check if the changes made are effective.

You can remove the keyboard layout either from system Settings page or
    Control panel. Follow either of the steps below to remove the keyboard layout and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: System Settings window.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    • Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: Control panel.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • Click on View by option located at the top right corner of the window and select
      Large icons from the dropdown bar.
    • From the panel, click on Language.
    • Under Change your language preferences click on the keyboard layout to remove and click on the
      Remove button which will now be available to use.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the keyboard layout language removed from the PC for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Indeletable Keyboard Layouts

Hi,

Some of the keyboard layouts are default, some are downloadable. In this case it's a good thing you already made it to Control Panel. Follow these steps to remove the other keyboard layouts.

Method 1:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Select English United States
      (if that's your default layout), then click Options.
    • Click the layouts you want to remove one by one, then click Remove.

Method 2:

• In Control Panel, go to Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Select Language.
    • Across your preferred language, click Options.
    • Under Input method, click Remove on the layouts you want removed.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to come back to us.

***If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem***

Jonas Flo, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't remove keyboard layout - no such option in control panel or settings - Similar Threads - Can't remove keyboard

2. Not able to remove keyboard layouts. Keyboard variants not appearing in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to remove keyboard layouts. Keyboard variants not appearing in control panel: I found three Arabic keyboard layouts installed on windows I haven't installed themWhen I go to control panel to remove them I don't find them at all, and there is no option to remove them...
  3. Not able to remove keyboard layouts. Keyboard variants not appearing in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to remove keyboard layouts. Keyboard variants not appearing in control panel: I found three Arabic keyboard layouts installed on windows I haven't installed themWhen I go to control panel to remove them I don't find them at all, and there is no option to remove them...
  4. Can't remove keyboard layout although it is a second keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove keyboard layout although it is a second keyboard layout: [ATTACH] The remove button is grayed out. I use my native language's layout as my primary. Any help would be appreciated. https://preview.redd.it/034p4qo80gs51.png?width=478&format=png&auto=webp&s=4272d1e36ea4620a5d312dea10b3db0862fb9315 submitted by...
  5. Remove keyboard layout setting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove keyboard layout setting.: I have my PC set on English UK, because for fixing stuff it's always more useful to have all the settings in English, easier to troubleshoot. My keyboard is the German layout, though. I have also installed the IME Japanese keyboard so I can write in kana. Now, my issue is,...
  6. I can't remove a layout keyboard

I can't remove a layout keyboard: Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 pro "English US" as regional setting except keyboard layout that is set to Italian because I have a keyboard with italian layout. When I press Shift + CTRL my system switch to "US layout". I have tried to remove it but i can't find it. In...
  7. Keyboard layouts not showing on the Control Panel, not able to manage

Keyboard layouts not showing on the Control Panel, not able to manage: I have the following keyboard layouts, however on control panel i see only one per language, and not able to handle all the others, I need to remove these. [ATTACH] However I cannt see those any place on control panel [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't remove a Keyboard layout

Can't remove a Keyboard layout: hi there, i have a problem with a keyboard layout i can't remove it, in the settings i didn't find the keyboard layout that i want to remove. please help me out and thanks in advance. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't remove a certain keyboard layout.

Can't remove a certain keyboard layout.: Hello. So, my problem is i have recently had my laptop formatted. Everything was fine until I noticed, that i have a one layout which i can't remove. And that makes me go angery. What I want to remove is "English United Kingdom Polish Programmers [ATTACH] I'm pretty sure...
  10. Can't find second keyboard layout in settings to remove.

Can't find second keyboard layout in settings to remove.: I had English display language and Estonian keyboard layout. After windows update the English keyboard layout also came. When I try to remove the english keyboard from settings I can't find it. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant remove keyboard layout