Windows 10: Can't remove language no matter what

Discus and support Can't remove language no matter what in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So when I set up my device I accidentally added Afrikaans language with Azerbaijani keyboard layout. I only wanted the Azerbaijani keyboard, but under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/artogahr, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Can't remove language no matter what

So when I set up my device I accidentally added Afrikaans language with Azerbaijani keyboard layout. I only wanted the Azerbaijani keyboard, but under Afrikaans layout the keys are all messed up. Now I finish setting up and add my own language the proper way, but I can't remove Afrikaans because there's no option in setting. It doesn't show up there, only the languages I added after.

Here are the things I tried:

• I added the Afrikaans language with my keyboard layout again, then removed it when it showed up in the settings.
    • I removed the language from registry
    • I removed all the language packs and keyboards except default English

But no matter what, after restart the language with keyboard layout comes back. Anyone faced this? How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/artogahr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/artogahr, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Ian Sal Win User

Cortana hangs with Australian language HI T

We would suggest performing these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Language
    • Select + Add Languages to add English (United States).
    • On the main Languages page, long press on English (Australia) and choose Remove. Afterwards, proceed restarting the phone by selecting the
      Restart phone button.
    On the next following steps, reverse back the process we did on the first 3 steps:

• Select + Add Languages to add English (Australia) and proceed with the download prompt.
    • Again on the main Languages page, long press on English (United States) and choose
      Remove, and restart phone.
    • Once the phone has restarted with the correct English (Australia)
      language, go back to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana, and begin training
      Cortana again.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, May 23, 2020
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, May 23, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Can't remove language no matter what

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't remove language no matter what

1. Can't remove language no matter what - Similar Threads - Can't remove language

2. Threat isn't being removed no matter what

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat isn't being removed no matter what: I tried removing it but it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-isnt-being-removed-no-matter-what/6b335345-b833-4327-867d-90fef155d3b7
  3. Threat isn't being removed no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat isn't being removed no matter what: I tried removing it but it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-isnt-being-removed-no-matter-what/6b335345-b833-4327-867d-90fef155d3b7
  4. Threat isn't being removed no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  6. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  7. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Additional language what can't be removed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Additional language what can't be removed: After some time another keyboard scheme is shown in my system what doesn't show anythere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-language-what-cant-be-removed/9ef57d4e-edab-4a7c-8d42-7a0353ea6042
  9. Can't remove language no matter what

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove language no matter what: So when I set up my device I accidentally added Afrikaans language with Azerbaijani keyboard layout. I only wanted the Azerbaijani keyboard, but under Afrikaans layout the keys are all messed up. Now I finish setting up and add my own language the proper way, but I can't...
  10. Can't Remove Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove Language: Hello, I'm having some problems with language settings that I can't remove, when I press the windows button + space bar, it appears 4 languages, en-us and pt-br, and the other two is the same language but its a different format, the formats that I use is Portuguese Brazil...