Windows 10: Can't Remove Language

Discus and support Can't Remove Language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some problems with language settings that I can't remove, when I press the windows button + space bar, it appears 4 languages, en-us... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tsumikiiwa., Aug 27, 2019.

1. Can't Remove Language

Hello, I'm having some problems with language settings that I can't remove, when I press the windows button + space bar, it appears 4 languages, en-us and pt-br, and the other two is the same language but its a different format, the formats that I use is Portuguese Brazil ABNT, but after some hours or days, another language appears saying that it is Portuguese Brazil but the format is United-States International. I need someone to help me removing it, it only removes when I restart my computer but after some hours it appears again!
    Can't Remove Language 7bae5302-f9f0-4646-97a1-5b844b74e90a?upload=true.png

:)

Tsumikiiwa., Aug 27, 2019
  2. Ian Sal Win User

Cortana hangs with Australian language HI T

We would suggest performing these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Language
    • Select + Add Languages to add English (United States).
    • On the main Languages page, long press on English (Australia) and choose Remove. Afterwards, proceed restarting the phone by selecting the
      Restart phone button.
    On the next following steps, reverse back the process we did on the first 3 steps:

• Select + Add Languages to add English (Australia) and proceed with the download prompt.
    • Again on the main Languages page, long press on English (United States) and choose
      Remove, and restart phone.
    • Once the phone has restarted with the correct English (Australia)
      language, go back to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana, and begin training
      Cortana again.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    ?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Can't Remove Language

Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't Remove Language

1. Can't Remove Language - Similar Threads - Can't Remove Language

2. Can't remove language from language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove language from language bar: I have installed windows 11 by upgrading from windows 10.I have only 2 languages on windows 10.After on Windows 11 I have now 4 languages 1 Ukrainian with 2 keyboards, and can't remove second one.And I have 2 English keyboards - US, GBI have added these languages to Language...
  3. Can't remove language from language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove language from language bar: I have installed windows 11 by upgrading from windows 10.I have only 2 languages on windows 10.After on Windows 11 I have now 4 languages 1 Ukrainian with 2 keyboards, and can't remove second one.And I have 2 English keyboards - US, GBI have added these languages to Language...
  4. Can't remove keyboard input language !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove keyboard input language !: Hi,I want to DISABLE COMPLETELY a keyboard input language from my OS. I never want any other KB layout than US ANSI. OS keep switching kb layouts... it seem to happen due to some hotkey combination, or a Windows update. It just now happened when I updated PowerToys to latest...
  5. Can't remove extra languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra languages: Below might be confusing to understand, but PowerShell claims I only have 2 keyboard layouts and so does Windows settings although the 'keyboard switcher' claims to have 4 languages, 2 of which I do not want. Does anyone have advice to remove these extra languages? I have...
  6. Can't remove input languages

Can't remove input languages: Windows just went crazy with input languages when I played with date format and added many input languages. I removed all unwanted layouts in language settings under Time & Language settings, yet still the inputs are still there, and I still cycle through them when using...
  7. Can't remove keyboard languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove keyboard languages: Why do I see three English keyboards where I know I only installed one English keyboard? I need English (Australia) and Hebrew, but for some reason I have more than one English keyboard and I can't seem to find how to remove unneeded keyboard languages. 182828
  8. Additional language what can't be removed

Additional language what can't be removed: After some time another keyboard scheme is shown in my system what doesn't show anythere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-language-what-cant-be-removed/9ef57d4e-edab-4a7c-8d42-7a0353ea6042
  9. Can't remove unneeded languages

Can't remove unneeded languages: Hello, I have been trying to remove the German and English Zimbabwe languages from my keyboard input, but I cant find where. I've tried several suggestions that I found on this website but nothing worked. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Can't remove a language from the language selector

Can't remove a language from the language selector: After updating I got a problem with extra language in the language selector list. It was not there before update and now I cannot remove it. In the language configuration screen I can see only two, the one I don't need is not present, so I cannot remove it. Here is the...