Windows 10: Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....

Discus and support Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I had a Windows 10 VM and it was not able to start and I couldn't fix it so deleted the VM and created it again since my MS account was on the and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Awerty16, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Awerty16 Win User

Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....

So I had a Windows 10 VM and it was not able to start and I couldn't fix it so deleted the VM and created it again since my MS account was on the and it would sync everything. But the old VM device is linked under my Microsoft account and I want to remove it cause I can't access it and there is no point in it being there so when I try to delete it work. This is what I did: So I went to account.microsoft.com then clicked on All devices, clicked manage under the device, clicked manage under the device name, and remove laptop. But when I click remove laptop and it brings me to a screen with two options Canel and remove I can't click remove if I hover over it my pointer becomes into a circle with a line through it... Can anyone help?

:)

Awerty16, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 7, 2020
  3. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location Add a device to your Microsoft account I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....

Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....

1. Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account.... - Similar Threads - Can't Remove Laptop

2. Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows: Hi. When I turn on my laptop W11 I am asked to select the MS account I want to use e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and enter a PIN Windows Hello, I think it's called.How do I remove this MS account from the Windows start-up? I have been into system options,...
  3. Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows: Hi. When I turn on my laptop W11 I am asked to select the MS account I want to use e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and enter a PIN Windows Hello, I think it's called.How do I remove this MS account from the Windows start-up? I have been into system options,...
  4. Work account removal from MS Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work account removal from MS Apps: I had a work account signed into my Microsoft Office online software & onedrive. I am no longer employed there and I can't figure out how to remove that account from my Word and Excel apps. Please help...
  5. Work account removal from MS Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Work account removal from MS Apps: I had a work account signed into my Microsoft Office online software & onedrive. I am no longer employed there and I can't figure out how to remove that account from my Word and Excel apps. Please help...
  6. Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows.

Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows.: I want to remove ms account from my system since i never wanted it and somehow Win10 decided to use one when i used some MS store app. But i can't remove it from settings accounts since there is no "remove" and i can't create local account since there is no "sign in with...
  7. No option to remove device from MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to remove device from MS account: I can't remove an old device in my MS account - it doesn't give the option to remove - only "Get support" and "Get apps" per below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-remove-device-from-ms-account/a088ba31-e0ed-4802-a5e6-c3e57aa34f8a
  8. Removing PC from MS account

Removing PC from MS account: I got a new computer and when I set it up Iinked it with my MS Account. Now I want to use the computer but NOT have it linked to my MS Account. If I remove the computer from my MS Account, will I have to set up a new Administrator user before I can use the computer?...
  9. Remove Device from MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Device from MS account: Disregard/Delete this post - pilot error. 117484
  10. Remove Device from MS account

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Device from MS account: I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions and get the Remove PC option. In my account the More Actions isn't "clickable". Any other options? ALSO - how do I delete the device from My Computers?...