Windows 10: Can't remove malware search bar

Discus and support Can't remove malware search bar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've uploaded an attachment of a picture of the bad app. I can't seem to remove it by standard uninstallation procedures. 140100 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MultipleSys, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Can't remove malware search bar

I've uploaded an attachment of a picture of the bad app. I can't seem to remove it by standard uninstallation procedures.

:)

MultipleSys, Sep 7, 2019

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Can't remove malware search bar

Malware removal

Understood, OldMike. I will keep your suggestion in mind. I always appreciate suggestions from those who know more than I do. I think the Malware did do more than one scan, because I had to approve removal of what it found twice. I don't see Windows Defender on the list of programs. I think it was on there before they redid the software. Pluto TV also disappeared.

Amadeus51, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't remove malware search bar

1. Can't remove malware search bar - Similar Threads - Can't remove malware

2. Malware can't get removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware can't get removed: Trojan:Script/Ulthar.A!ml keeps coming back despite trying to quarentine it, don't know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-cant-get-removed/750de1c0-9d89-4a8f-a915-a192f957ed5f
  3. Malware can't get removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware can't get removed: Trojan:Script/Ulthar.A!ml keeps coming back despite trying to quarentine it, don't know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-cant-get-removed/750de1c0-9d89-4a8f-a915-a192f957ed5f
  4. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  5. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  6. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  7. Can't search in the Windows bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search in the Windows bar.: So for the past couple weeks I've been having this problem where when I search in the bar it just goes grey. I've fixed it a few times using different strategies but it always comes back. Are there any permanent solutions? submitted by /u/2noob4u_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't use Search Bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Search Bar.: I can't use the search bar and some search feature in file explorer on my laptop. But in my desktop I can use the search bar beside the start button and everything. Version 2004. submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments]...
  9. How to Remove bing provided search Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Remove bing provided search Malware: how remove the malware [Original Title: bingprovidedseach] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-bing-provided-search-malware/6d74639d-b879-48ec-9a97-af00a94f1b06
  10. Remove Firefox Search Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Firefox Search Bar: I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google. To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can...