Windows 10: Cant Remove Microsoft Account

Discus and support Cant Remove Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello ,there i accidently loged on my work pc through my microsoft account in windows mail and selected the windows apps only option. i wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SHASHANKDAHAT, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Cant Remove Microsoft Account

Hello ,there

i accidently loged on my work pc through my microsoft account in windows mail and selected the windows apps only option. i wanted to log out from the account. so i followed

Settings-Accounts-E-mail And Accounts-Remove The Logged In account;

But Then I Again visited the settings app to check if the account has been removed but it showed up again. i then repeated the procedure 3-4 times

I also did

1. Removing the account from the microsoft account devices website.But when i visit the settings app it again shows up and also in the microsoft account devices page.
    2. Reboot-restart everything related to boot-up.
    3. Cleared the cache From disk cleanup utility
    4. if i click manage it opens microsoft account home

Nothing help also searched the internet but same answer

please help in this matter in need to give the work pc by monday 23 nov. and also please give effective answers like editing registry or group policy please help.

image also attached below please see the time also Cant Remove Microsoft Account 815c7b62-dc0e-4102-94b7-808e98167590?upload=true.jpg Cant Remove Microsoft Account f2c6b055-d79b-4a37-a6f9-451b878632b3?upload=true.jpg

:)

SHASHANKDAHAT, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Cant Remove Microsoft Account

Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Cant Remove Microsoft Account

1. Cant Remove Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Cant Remove Microsoft

2. Cant remove work or school account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant remove work or school account: Hi i have a problem where i cant remove my school account on my device. Firstly i downloaded microsoft teams and i tried to log in on the app but i couldnt then i logged in on the online version of the microsoft teams and somehow it automaticly connected with my device. Now...
  3. REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Hello, My personal email is administrator on my work's pc and I want to remove it and to change it. How can I do this? Thanks in advanced. Recently, Athina Ap....
  4. Cant remove work/school account

Cant remove work/school account: Greetings, for past few hours i've been trying to remove my school account but sadly no luck so far. it just keeps telling me "this work or school account cannot be removed by system policy" i tried signing in with a local account and then disconnecting my school...
  5. typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email

typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email: When setting up my new laptop I made a typo in my email address gmial instead of Gmail, because of that I'm unable to verify it. but however I logged from my right email again, now there are two Microsoft accounts on my laptop and I cant see the remove option in manage...
  6. Removing Microsoft Account

Removing Microsoft Account: I am returning a PC to the store due to damage. How do I remove my Microsoft Account from the PC before returning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-microsoft-account/eb8bdd04-0fd3-4260-9f8f-8c6b758f1870
  7. Cant remove email account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant remove email account?: I have had a comcast email account signed into my windows 10 mail app for over a year now, and now suddenly it stopped working. its almost as if the email doesn't even exist in app anymore? I can't right click to manage or delete the account. and when I go into...
  8. microsoft account removal

microsoft account removal: I have more than one microsoft account. This happened while I was trying to satisfy logins and passwords. I now have one account set up to automatically work when I use it to sign in. How do I remove the other accounts now? I don't want to go through frustrating sequences of...
  9. Removing a Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft account: I recently removed a Microsoft account on my computer that didn't have the remove button but found a way to get a button to remove it, I can still log into the account, its still there, hiw can i get rid of it?...
  10. Microsoft Account Not Removable

Microsoft Account Not Removable: Hello! I have a pop-up that lets me know that there has been an error signing into one of my Microsoft Student accounts, but there is no option to remove the account in my settings tab. Here is an image of the Email and Accounts page showing both accounts. The email can...